Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought this 03 kfx 400 yesterday but didnt get to ride it much b4 i bought it due to the rain . i rode it today and after it warms up there little smoke rings coming out of a weep hole on the left side of the jug . whats this and why is it doing it . i have been searching forms all day . havnt found anything yet . your thoughts or facts plz . thanks robert

·
Registered
637 Posts
That weep hole is a drain for the spark plug. It may have some gunk in it burning or the oil is spitting past the spark plug. Take the plug boot off the plug and blow through the weep hole with compressed air to clean it out. and check to see if the plug is in tight. put the plug boot on and see if it stops.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks . i posted the same question on 4 sites and your the only one with an answer . i will do it tomorrow . robert

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome to KAWIERIDERS!

·
Registered
48 Posts
welcome to the site , donet even waste your time with the others, these guys are good when it comes to answers , hope the 400 is good to you !

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks . i didnt buy it for me . i have a kfx700 . i got my son a kfx450 and this kfx400 is for my chick . i also have a lt500r quadzilla in case i want to go stupid fast .

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ive owned a LT250R with a Zilla motor in it and I can honestly admit yeah its fast but I dont think it held a candle to a KFX450r. Handling on them things suck, I didnt have the money nor the resources to put the 250r front clip on. For trails I'll ride my wife Lakota before the big LT.Lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i also have an 87 lt250r . it was my 1st quad . runs good but didnt push my 300lb ass very well . i havnt been beaten on the zilla . i have gone up against drag banshees and beat them . i had a 12" extended rear swing arm but it bent so im back on the stock one . it sucks but as long as i take it easy im ok . my son took it out and thought he could ride it but popped it up and did a back flip . he wont ride it anymore .

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thats exactly what happen to me right after I got mine. Lol! It was my first 2 smoker. I got mad and was bound and determined to harness that bike but, the front end couldnt hold up for crap unless I rode strictly on the road or sand. But I dont like doing either. I know that I replaced everything on the front end 3 times or more in just the year that I owned it. A arms, arm pivot bearings, Tie rods, ball joints, etc, etc. I got tired of fixing it and actually traded it in 1990 for a 86 t-3 which I fell in love with and I just got rid of that thing 2.5 yrs ago. Ive been riding Kawies since. T-3, T-4, Mojave, Lakota, Kfx400, Zx6, and Zx7. All that is left are the Lakota and the KFX though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts