Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking back on the forum and red some stuff on snorkel kits for the brute.. I was just wondering what everyone thought was a good kit for the brute ?? Also i would really like to keep my front rack open so i can use it..

·
Registered
259 Posts
check out www.mudinmyblood.com they have some good snorkel rite ups over there. don't buy a kit there way over priced and its easy to do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey do you ride public land and trails? if so i've been told in MN we cant have snorkels that are more than 6 inches higher than the stock location. just a heads up for ya, i've been meaning to look into that before i do mine but has slipped my mind. you might wanna double check, or someone else here might know for sure.

·
Registered
58 Posts
hey do you ride public land and trails? if so i've been told in MN we cant have snorkels that are more than 6 inches higher than the stock location. just a heads up for ya, i've been meaning to look into that before i do mine but has slipped my mind. you might wanna double check, or someone else here might know for sure.
Sounds like some BS to me. Here is the link to the 2009 2010 OHV regulations.

About.com: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/index.html

·
Registered
247 Posts
check out www.mudinmyblood.com they have some good snorkel rite ups over there. don't buy a kit there way over priced and its easy to do.

Agreed!

My snorkles cost me around $80CAD, definatley don't waste money on a kit! If you need help...PM me, i have labled photos of my snork job and supply list as well. But def become a member over at MIMB it's a great site like Kawieriders. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like some BS to me. Here is the link to the 2009 2010 OHV regulations.

About.com: OHV riding: Minnesota DNR
page 33 of the OHV states "
• ATVs may not be operated with a snorkel device that has a raised air intake six
inches or more above the manufacturer’s original air intake. Exception: ATVs with
snorkel devices may be operated within the Iron Range OHV State Recreation​
Area and other designated public OHV recreation areas."

BS or not its in the Reg...

·
Registered
75 Posts
thats what i thought, thanks for the leg work AK650. I've seen a few round here snorkeled but you just gotta keep em low, still make a big difference. The "stealth" look i guess. The MIMB way is how i'm gonna do mine soon, 2 sets of tops, one low "legal" set and one set of periscopes lol. Figure i'll use the legal set most of the time and the tall set on private property screwin around with friends. The biggest reason i'm gonna do it is good fresh air to the clutches, keep them suckers cool. The submarine capability is just a bonus to me.

·
Registered
259 Posts
i don't think mine are much over 6" above and can be cut down some more if need be and to be honest are they really going to measure

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for some info.. So if i am going to build my own what the best pipeing to use ?? Also do u just pipe the airbox an the crank case ? or is there more ?? sorry for all the ?? but just want to know the details. lol..... Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
wasnt trying to be a smart ass. I didnt even read the reg...i just found and posted it for those who might need it. That sucks that they way that but if you measure 6 inches above the airbox...thats still plenty for some snorks!!!!

08greenbrute looks like he might have it right on the money

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for some info.. So if i am going to build my own what the best pipeing to use ?? Also do u just pipe the airbox an the crank case ? or is there more ?? sorry for all the ?? but just want to know the details. lol..... Thanks
Best to snorkle all three, the engine intake,the cvt intake and the cvt exhaust.Use the black abs pipe as it is cheaper than pvc and is allready black, but can be painted any color.The only thing you don't need is the 22.5 degree fitting as it is only to get around the ISC valve on the EFI's.

some pics of my set up....http://www.kawieriders.com/forum/ka...589-08-09-bf750i-snorkel-list-screen-how.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya thats wha i thought i'm going to make them to about the handle bars. i think.. There really isn't that many deep places where i am from .. Most everyone i will be wheeling with have stock machines so.. But it looks cool and when i do find that hole its going to be fun !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts