Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have to do my SWINGARM bearings what company is good at a reasonalble price KAWI wants $ 73.76 for all the stuff needed , PIVOT WORKS wants $ 69.00 for the kit , NSK $ 10.00 or so thats just the bearing ( does the RACE come with bearings )and I still have to find the SEALS look likes there differnt from side to side I know each side has a differnt set ups with regards to the hardware then theres ALL BALLS & TIMKIN I just want something that will last thanks for all the HELP!

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
I have found the pivot works to be best, they come with new bolts and last just as good as oem. All balls has a cheaper kit but i have had them wear prematurly. You can probably get the bearings at any bearing shop but you still will have to buy the kawi seals. Pivot works is worth the money IMO

·
Registered
787 Posts
All balls came with new seals. Mine is holding up great, After I put a piece of brass behind the new races, it holds the grease in better. I replaced mine at about 1000 miles. I just took mine apart while working on other things & re-greased, and they still look great. I'm at 2000 miles now.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
i used pivot works.a year and a half and some harsh riding they are still going strong

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow WOW I just checked for play and NOTHING I had my DAD hold the quad in the back by the rack hold against his body and try to have no movement and with the back of the quad in the air IM triing to push/pull the tires side to side and ZIP O not even the slightest of movement of the BEARINGS/NUT or the SWINGARM ..... CAN the fact that I have a full ALUM skid plate on the quad have any to do I dont see how if it's not connected to the SWINGARM ?????? REALLY SHOT XXXXXXXXXXXXX HAS ANYONE SEEN THE BEARINGS BE SHOT/DONE/FALLING APART AND THERE BE NO PLAY XXXXXXX

also I looked close at the inside and outside by the swingarm where the bearing are and no WHEEPING,OZEING or GREASE COMING OUT and nothing weird

Now that I think about it it may only do it in gear I will have my friend get on it in gear and shake side to sige almost like you tring to do a kick out with the rear with your weight .... I will be on the ground LOOKING and LISTENING what area's could be the problem ???????????/ PLEASE GIVE SOME IMPUT on this one THANKS.........

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
there are a few things here!!

one on my one could feel no play, only the clunk noise that got me to have a look and found the swing arm bearing shot!!
reason why there is no sign of grease and oil around the bearing is couz there is none left in he bearings!!:lol:

a few more pics of the state of the bearing on
Swing Arm Bering kfx700 pictures from extreme sports photos on webshots

2nd
when getting all the components separately make sure that the new bearings have the same amount of rollers as the original ones!!
think the original ones has 14 rollers, and some of the after market ones only 13, that is one extra roller to take the load, might or might not make a difference self went for the one with more rollers!!

rear swing arm same as kfx700, so I believe!!

3rd
the little shafts on my one did show wear, did order new ones, however the kawie dealer thought he was doing me a favor by selling me the spares, so told them to shove it where it fits best, and as I wanted the V going(we were going away with the quads for a week), took a center punch to the damaged area and made marks all the way round to help the bearing fit tight!!
had done this before to my cars front wheel bearing so it works
will at some stage get the little shafts from a different dealer, mean time it works just fine!!

4th
after market seals with out the inner lip, seem to be scarce, however the right size seal is available with the inner lip, witch I just cut away the inner lip, that I saw on here, maybe just do a search on that one, did not take pics of that!!

5th
O-ring, the kawie dealer wanted to charge me like 10times the price just couz it came in a kawie package, sadly my money printing machine is broken, out of ink, and so told then to wear it, got it at the same place that I got the bearings and seals!!

hope this helps!!:D

·
Registered
787 Posts
U-joint will click as well if it's bad. I would take it apart and check everything out. The all balls kit I bought came with 2 different types of seals. Standard seals like OEM, and some double lip seals.

If you look at KOD's website, see how he installed plugs behind the new races.
Kisssofdeath's ATV Photos

or Nyroc....Nyroc's ATV info website

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
U-joint will click as well if it's bad. I would take it apart and check everything out. The all balls kit I bought came with 2 different types of seals. Standard seals like OEM, and some double lip seals.

If you look at KOD's website, see how he installed plugs behind the new races.
Kisssofdeath's ATV Photos

or Nyroc....Nyroc's ATV info website

not too sure how to put this, not even the guys running power adders and BBKs, have had one go bad!!

those U-joints are pretty tough

self also suspected that, however those are pretty good!!

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts