Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my Prairie to a buddy this last July and thought about making the move to a Side by Side. I made the mistake of riding my old 4-wheeler after I helped my buddy do some work to it. :wub: I missed her something fierce. :lol:

Well I have thought about a Can-am 800 and found one that is nicely equipped but what I can get a 650 SRA for about $2000 less. I haven't priced the 650i yet but I figured they would probably be about $500 more or so.

My question is can you do all the same mods to the 650 SRA and the 650i as you could to the Prairies? i.e. Napa house Mod, and Exhaust Mod.

I am thinking about going with the 650i just because I am not a big fan of the strut aftermarket choices. My old prairie I ran works struts with Elka springs and it was ok but I think a full set of shocks all the way around would be the ultimate ticket.

What is your guys thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
What do you plan to use the quad for? Fast trail riding/XC racing, casual trail riding, deep mud, rock crawling, drag racing, yard work, etc.?

If you plan to use it mostly for fast trail riding or XC racing, I think the prairie/BF650 sra is the best set-up (less body roll than the 650i/750i). Also, I would think the prairie/BF 650 is more stable in off-camber situations and also for rock crawling. Of course, you sacrifice some ground clearnance and comfort over the bumpy stuff if you get a prairie/BF650 sra.

On the other hand, the 650i/750i is probably better suited for casual trail riding or deep mud riding.

Both machines are capable for yard work and drag racing if set-up right. But that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be fast trail riding and casual riding. Depends who I am riding with. Not a big mudder. Biggest tire I would go with would be a 26".

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
As far as I know, most of the typical prairie mods can also be done on the 650i/750i with the exception of the UPP intakes /MS mod (won't fit on a 650i/750i b/c they have different carbs/heads/airbox).

Good luck with your choice.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
I sold my Prairie to a buddy this last July and thought about making the move to a Side by Side. I made the mistake of riding my old 4-wheeler after I helped my buddy do some work to it. :wub: I missed her something fierce. :lol:

Well I have thought about a Can-am 800 and found one that is nicely equipped but what I can get a 650 SRA for about $2000 less. I haven't priced the 650i yet but I figured they would probably be about $500 more or so.

My question is can you do all the same mods to the 650 SRA and the 650i as you could to the Prairies? i.e. Napa house Mod, and Exhaust Mod.

I am thinking about going with the 650i just because I am not a big fan of the strut aftermarket choices. My old prairie I ran works struts with Elka springs and it was ok but I think a full set of shocks all the way around would be the ultimate ticket.

What is your guys thoughts?
I had two P650s and had tons of fun on them, all I ride is trails.
Years ago I stepped up to the 750i, set up correctly, it is just as much fun as my P650's were and better for overall ride.
Slap on a full set of WORKS or ELKA Shocks, Gibson steering stabilizer, the Prothane sway-bar bushing upgrade, better meats, you won't be dissapointed.
If you are looking at new 650's, check www.atvtraderonline.com allot of dealers post units on there, easy way to compare prices in your area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts