Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so last week i was riding on the ice , road with my friend , took him half way back home for him , my chain fell off twice , it hasnt ever fell off before , i know it could use a chain and sprokets, i couldnt even get it to take off out of first i tried second and i got the same grinding vibrating noise , i ended up getting a friend to come get me and drive me home , today i went out there and tightened up the slack in the chain , first gear fine hit second and the same noise , third fine , doesnt seem like it has the power , is my rear sproket slipping or is the tansmission shot? , or something else ?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well I would say that if the chain come off then it would quite possibly be the sprockets. You already stated you know that it needs a new set.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Sprocket side axle bearings could be shot to.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but i tightened the chain up i wouldnt think it would skip off but i hope thats all it is , i couldnt really see very well last night i was trying to look down to check out if i could see anything but it was starting to get dark , , no those axel bearings how do i get to them ? the two big nuts on my axel ? its an 03 by the way , i just hope its nothing internal , another problem i had is the two small bolts that hold the front sproket on snapped off on me , so i put a bolt in the shaft witha washer on it and and old a - arm bushing casing , just to tighten it on there will i be able to drill these out im sure its comon , i know my honda 250r had one broken as well. thanx - jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.