Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a 50" sony rear projection lcd tv in early 2005 and have had great luck with it,until recently i started to get pink blotches on the screen come to find out it is the end of the part they call the optical block.big money to fix and not worth it with the prices of them today.i googled my problem and found this
http://sites.google.com/site/sonylcdrptvproblems/
i ended up haggling with them for a hour and they pretty much told me they will not repair it but they will offer me this
1 kdl 55ex500 retail 1900.00 825.00 shipped
2 kdl 46ve5 retail 1200.00 525.00 shipped
3 kdl40z5100 retail 899.00 440.00 shipped
not a bad deal,they are giving me a week to decide.im sure if anyone else has one that is on the list you would be able to get the same deal...just passing it along

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
EX500 are brand new 2010 models. Actually came out this week. If you bump up to the EX700 those are LED edge lit TVs and are only about 2 inches thick at the base. Damn sexy. It will be slightly more money but your TV will be like a picture frame almost. Very thin.

The base is little more than 2 inches, the main panel is barely over an inch thick. Very light too.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
The resident A/V god has spoken :D

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
The resident A/V god has spoken :D

I've been watching for the EX700. Went to Best Buy as soon as they had the 60" on display. It weights the same as my LCD 40"... :) Beautiful. The smaller sizes will be at Best buy within a week or two but you can find them at other places already.

No I'm not buying one. NO I'm not buying one. No I'm not buying one. (I have to keep repeating that, sorry) :lol:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for that tidbit of info metal.i am going to buy the 46"kdl-46ve5 only because of money right now,just had a muzzy super pro show up and if that 55" shows up,i don't know how much more the wifey can handle:lol:the led's are really impressive.i betcha the "secret to speed" would look really nice on it:wub:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:rock:finally got my new tv today!!man the lcd sony i bought back in 2005 still has a great picture but when i set this new one up,what a friggen difference.if anyone else has issues with there sony,call them they will either offer you the deal i got or they will fix what ever issues you have no questions asked!time to get a blue ray...matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts