Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Looks like a good place. Hows the brute force handle? What breaks on it? Does it compete well with the can-am machines.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The Brute does pretty well. I didn't hit the start button and was last going into the woods but I soon caught to and passed the Outlander for the win. The only real issue with the Brute is it pushes really bad in sharp corners and it doesn't like the off camber stuff. Otherwise it's been solid. The only mods are Fox shocks and flex bars. I have ridden the Outlander in the pictures and it has EVERYTHING on it. It handles like a sports car where the Brute is a Brute. It can hang for the most part but you better be in shape because it will wear your tail out. I bought the Brute just to ride in the mountains but ended up racing it. Had I known I was going to race a utility I would have bought an Outlander. There is a reason you don't see them in the GNCC's.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if wizard racing doesn t post some , i ll see if i have any ..btw , them canned hams in the sorcs can t hang with ty n his brute ...:D

·
Registered
717 Posts
So let me ask you some more questions if you don't mind. Have had anything majo break on it? Frame or anything significant? Reliability issues? Is the fuel injection flawless? Can you start it quick?

·
Registered
289 Posts
The Brute has been rock solid and I have enjoyed racing it for the most part. Like I said in an earlier post it just doesn't like to be pushed hard into corners and off camber stuff. Otherwise the ride and handling have been excellent. Running though the woods at speed is not an issue. The Fox shocks are awesome. They are smooth as silk and with all of the adjustments you can stop some of the push and front end roll. Holeshots haven't been a problem as long as you remember NOT to give it any throttle when starting it. If someone could work on the fronts geometry some, the Brute in my opinion would be very competitve. But since no one is racing it, no one is working to make it right. Look at the Outlanders. They change the shock mounts and everything else to make it right. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
So let me ask you some more questions if you don't mind. Have had anything majo break on it? Frame or anything significant? Reliability issues? Is the fuel injection flawless? Can you start it quick?

I'll throw in my .02 on this...in 8 races, and a year of practicing, I broke the weld on my right side frame weldment that supports the footboard, and I tore off the bracket on the lower left a-arm where the stabilizer sway bar link bolts to.

Neither crash related....

Leo
District 23 Ute Class Champion

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Like that Baby blue jersey there big boy. . Just be glad I wasn't out there.

Congrats on the championship !!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like that Baby blue jersey there big boy. . Just be glad I wasn't out there.

Congrats on the championship !!

rite......i don t think he would of been scared ............:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Nice pics Pony! I'm looking at that up hill wheelie thinking get off the seat man! :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Brute does pretty well. I didn't hit the start button and was last going into the woods but I soon caught to and passed the Outlander for the win. The only real issue with the Brute is it pushes really bad in sharp corners and it doesn't like the off camber stuff. Otherwise it's been solid. The only mods are Fox shocks and flex bars. I have ridden the Outlander in the pictures and it has EVERYTHING on it. It handles like a sports car where the Brute is a Brute. It can hang for the most part but you better be in shape because it will wear your tail out. I bought the Brute just to ride in the mountains but ended up racing it. Had I known I was going to race a utility I would have bought an Outlander. There is a reason you don't see them in the GNCC's.
Ty. you got to call me man. I need to know where and what i need to get for my brute so I can rub bars with ya. Check your pm's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts