Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read (yes I know you can't believe everything on the interweb :hehe: ) that folks with the KFX 700 change out their plugs to the NGK Iridium model NGK CR7E1X

Has anyone here switched to these plugs? If so, did you notice any difference other then your wallet having less money in it?

I'm asking because in the car racing world (drag), the iridiums are good, however, I had great luck with the cheaper brands like autolite, etc.

Any input?

Thanks,
Tim :tup:

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
The iriduim will get you zero performance. But I highly recommend sticking with the NGK CR7E.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The iriduim will get you zero performance. But I highly recommend sticking with the NGK CR7E.
[/b]
Thanks I thought so ... I'm running the CR7E's already but probably need to change them :hehe:

·
Registered
316 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Thanks I thought so ... I'm running the CR7E's already but probably need to change them :hehe:
[/b][/quote]

Ive been running motors in all types of racing and conditions and have never fouled an Iridium plug. Worth the extra few bucks when your doing dead engines starts in xc races. Something to consider.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
The iriduim will get you zero performance. But I highly recommend sticking with the NGK CR7E.[/b]
Camo I disagree with you. I run the iridium plug in all my kawie v-twins. They all run, idle, and have better throttle response with the iridium plug. I would recommend this plug to anyone.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The iriduim will get you zero performance. But I highly recommend sticking with the NGK CR7E.[/b]
Camo I disagree with you. I run the iridium plug in all my kawie v-twins. They all run, idle, and have better throttle response with the iridium plug. I would recommend this plug to anyone.
[/b]
I ran the iridium in my previous drag car pushing boost and the only thing I noticed was that my wallet was lighter.... :hehe:

Thanks for the feedback. What do you mean by "run" better with the iridium plug? More responsive? More power? Did you do back to back testing from a regular plug vs. the iridium? If so, what were your results/differences?

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
No, I didn't get more power out of the plugs. I have just noticed ezer starting, way better idle, and better throttle response.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I didn't get more power out of the plugs. I have just noticed ezer starting, way better idle, and better throttle response.
[/b]
Ok thanks. I'm hesitant because I had issues with the iridiums in the past, however, that might have been isolated to my specific setup hence why I'm asking.

Thanks again for the feedback I appreciate it! :tup:

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Platinums or Iridiums only offer more mileage out of a plug. Anything performance orientated of mine gets regular plug changes so that reason is out the window.

I have never experienced any kind of start up, idle quality or better throttle response going from a quality plug like NGK to their Iridium or Platinum brand.

I can see if you just took Champions out . They suck but for some reason Dodges like them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The only thing I run the IR plugs in is my buddies Raptor 700 due to the darn thing running a little rich when it is cold. Never fouled anything, just seems to run better on that bike. As for the KFX 700, I do the maintenance on 5 kfxs, and would never switch from the stock plug unless I gain a horse power or two. :rock:

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
If I spent that much money on spark plugs, I'm sure they would run better, too! :hehe:

All this BS in the plug world is mostly snake oil,, 2,3 and 4 ground straps, etc.. It's snake oil!

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I can see if you just took Champions out . They suck but for some reason Dodges like them.
[/b]

Could that be because dodge's suck also :hmm:

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
Well at least we wont be Found On Road Dead!
[/b]
nope, gotta be able to make it to the road first, don't worry though.....the Chevy didn't even start

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
MOre PARts than any other make especially transmissions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also agree on the CR7E

they are the best available. There's no reason to run a iridium.

correct jetting and proper valve adjustment. They start at the touch of a button.

John
[/b]

Not sure what all the guy before me did to my 06 V (carbs, valving, etc), but for some reason hes been running NGK CR9E plugs. What would be the reason for this?
Would this explain why it runs so damn cold blooded at start up? Once its warmed up, it will start at touch of button like you said. Till then, ive never seen something so cold blooded in my life.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I did notice that my bike started alot easier with the iriduim's then the regular one i might change back to see if it was a fluke or if it's true

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone post 2 pictures on where I can locate the 2 spark plugs on the kfx 700? Or give me some idea on where to find them

1 - 19 of 19 Posts