Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Brute Force and was wondering what is the easiest way to replace spark plugs? The front cylinder is easy and I just turned the wheel. The back cylinder before I would fight and fight it. Well after being a couple tools shy that I needed I took off the upper part of the fender and then the clutch cover off. If I had a swivel it would be alot easier or if I had a deepwell flex socket.

So how do you replace yours?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
i have an 08 650 sra and on it i remove the rubber boot on the top of the clutch cover to get to the rear sparkplug. just loosen the two band clamps and pull it off. you will then have a clear shot of the rear plug. on mine i just use a straight extension and a spark plug socket. taking that boot off makes all the diference in the world. its still down in behind the shift linkage a little bit but very accessible. good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Snorkle the Brute!!!:D Once done the stock CVT exhaust duct is gone and you can get right to the rear plug just by popping of the seat. I tried to pull my buddies plugs after he took it for a swim on a stock Brute and I feel your pain. With mine snorkled, a ratchet, swivle and two short extentions, I can have my rear plug swapped just as quick as the front. Plus the snorkles give you a little more piece of mind if you spend any time near water...and the cool factor goes way up!:p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts