Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2003 KFX 400 and im thinking of putting a 13T front sprocket on it because I live in Yuma, AZ where all you see is sand dunes everywhere you go. Would you go for a 13T for the Sand Dunes??? and what Rear sprocket should you use if you put in a 13T front sprocket???? I do a lot of uphill sand dune riding from small to large scale sand hills and also do straight drag racing on the sand a also drag racing up the sandy hills.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
13/41 or maybe 42 depending on the size of your back sand tires.
Sand Skate 2 Paddles: 20x11-10
ITP HoleShot: 20x11-9

those are the size of tires that i have on my quad...what back sprocket would you recommend??? Are these tires/Rim perfect???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
13/41 or maybe 42 depending on the size of your back sand tires.
Sand Skate 2 Paddles: 20x11-10
ITP HoleShot: 20x11-9

those are the size of tires that i have on my quad...what back sprocket would you recommend??? Are these tires/Rim perfect???
Yes thats close to the stock size. I'd recommend 41 tooth rear.
I finally got a wrench to check out the sprocket that i have on...Right now its has a 14/40 and the front sprocket is missing a tooth it broke off i guess.

·
Registered
445 Posts
That is stock gearing. Just get the 13 for the front and you'll be fine. I would be concerned though that the one on there now is broken. You should probably replace both sprockets AND the chain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts