Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My motor is being torn down at a local cycle machine shop (after a few drownings). I ride a 06 750 Brute Force and treat it a bit rough, ride wide open on dirt roads for 15 minutes to get to muddy trails for an hour then wide open again to get to more trails. My friends and I do this for 50- 100 kms in an average day of riding but we do take a number of breaks.
For this kind of riding would I have overheating problems if I went with a BBK or should I play it safe and go with a builders standard bore kit?

·
Registered
797 Posts
its really up too u. either way you will get alot more power. but i was thinking if u put alot of money in it. i would stay out of those deep holes for a while. lol.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
You shouldn't have any over heating problems with a bigbore kit. You may not have the option to stay standard bore anyways if you have swamped it a few times. The cylinder may be worn to much. If you can though a standard bore kit will work great, huge improvement over stock.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mud holes are so tempting so I will be snorkeling it as well :)

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
depends on how much wear is on your cylinders... if you can get by with a standard bore kit on your brute i would go that route... you will be impressed with the power gains... if you have to go bigger bc of wear on the cylinders then you will be REALLY impressed with the power gains.. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts