Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping some one on here would let me barrow there flywheel/stator puller so I can get my 6* key out of my 750 and into my 700. I'll pay to have it shipped to me and of course pay to ship back. I'd really appreciate this.

I know about using the harmonic balancer puller but I just don't like the idea of using that. I'd like to get the correct tool for this job.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I have one you could borrow if you would like. PM me your address again and I will see what it is going to cost to ship it to you. Probably not much since we are close. How fast would you need it? Regular Parcel Post or Priority Mail (probably only 1 day difference in shipping).

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ship it how ever you want. I really appreciate it. I just won a 750 flywheel for $15 so I'll be putting that on as well.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are there any issue's running a 6* key with a Brute 750 flywheel on the V's I need to know about?

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Camo had a problem with the Copperhead VDI, but the other CDI's are fine. I think you need the Brute pickup to run the Brute flywheel.

·
Registered
157 Posts
What is the purpose of running a brute flywheel on a v? I'm assuming it has a heavyer rotating mass so wouldn't that loose hp?

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a picture so you can see how huge of a differance the 750 flywheel is vs the 700.

KFX 700 on the left Brute 750 on the right.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You will also need to buy a Brute 750 pickup coil as well.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Great post and info 05-BF-750!!!
This is on my list to do now also!!!
Have you bothered to weigh them?
Just curious, it's obviously lighter.
Ed3

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is by far not a new mod. This mod was discovered way before I even owned my KFX so I can not take credit for it.

I have yet to install it but after I do I'll post my thoughts. I have heard it's kinda hard to get use to how easy the engine will rev when hill climbing and whatnot.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've spent the last hour looking for a brute 750 pickup coil and cannot find one. Is it called something else or is pickup coil the correct term?

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:eek: they want $71.13 plus shipping. I know I have seen it for much cheaper then this.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Found it. Motosport has them part # 59026-0005 $53.94

·
Registered
157 Posts
So just the rotor and pulse coil are all I need right? And the pulse coil needs to be from any model 750 brute correct? I think I got it all figured out and ready to order, I just want to make sure.
Thanks again guys.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts