Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
No one can keep your machine. If they refuse, call the law or file a stolen vehicle report.

I just had both recalls completed over the weekend after waiting a very long time for parts. Took them all day. Said the steering shaft recall was a real pita.

They also failed to hook up all my hoses in the engine bay or change the oil change, though they said they did but didn't charge me because it wasn't logged in the system. Fortunately I found and complete the botched recall job when doing the oil change.

Check their work!

·
Registered
3 Posts
No one can keep your machine. If they refuse, call the law or file a stolen vehicle report.

I just had both recalls completed over the weekend after waiting a very long time for parts. Took them all day. Said the steering shaft recall was a real pita.

They also failed to hook up all my hoses in the engine bay or change the oil change, though they said they did but didn't charge me because it wasn't logged in the system. Fortunately I found and complete the botched recall job when doing the oil change.

Check their work!
Oh I will definitely check their work. The problem is they have had it forever. I said to give it back until the steering recall part comes in so I can continue to use it. They said nope sorry can't because of liability issues. I said well horseshit this
is a paid for unit not financed. I need it back you have had it far to long as is. That's when they said they were going to
contact Kawaskai to see if they can release it. I will hit them with the contacting the law or filing a stolen vehicle report and see what they have to say about that. They took it on March 16 here it is June 9 it's like come on. I was also going to tell them I will just trade it in and buy something else where to see how they like that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wouldn't threaten, I'd go ahead and call the law and explain what's going on and just meet them up there to reclaim your property.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wouldn't threaten, I'd go ahead and call the law and explain what's going on and just meet them up there to reclaim your property.
Yeah I will see what they say when they call back today about possibly giving it back. Then proceed with getting the law involved.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, it is total Bull##t to pay this much for a vehicle that you bought to use for your farm and Kawasaki acts like they could care less. They never returned my calls and now the CS never answers their phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
has anyone got the recall done? My dealer saids 3 to 6 months for part till then my machine is to be a paper weight
Yes I took my Mule in back in March for these recalls. They are finished with all except the steering recall. They are still waiting on the parts. They
keep saying it is Kawasaki and not them. I was like wtf why would you take the bike and not have the parts to fix it? They will also not release it to me becausae of
liability issues. They have no time table on when the part will be available. I told them that we have a 300 acre farm with beef cattle and sheep and rely on this machine all the time and it is BS. The guy said he was going to contact kawasaki today and see if they could release it back to me and I could bring it back when the
part comes in. Why in the hell would these fools take invatory on a machine they cant fix. To all of those reading this DO NOT I repeat DO NOT bring in your machine
until they have the part. I would even ask for a picture for proof.
has anyone got the recall done? My dealer saids 3 to 6 months for part till then my machine is to be a paper weight

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took my 2016 Mule PRO FXT in yesterday and it took them about two hours to do the steering column fix and one other exhaust system recall, plus an oil change. I had called back in March and that's when they ordered the parts. Everything is fine except it now steers much harder than before, almost like no power steering, so I'm mildly concerned if it was done right. Anyone else noticed that difference?

·
Registered
113 Posts
My dealer called me today to tell me that the steering shaft parts have been sent from Kawasaki and should be in his hands next week. Going on month #3.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the steering shaft job requires removal of the front plastics? I've got the Fortress tip-out windshield and a heavy metal roof. I hope to god they don't have to remove all that to perform the work.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Can anyone confirm if the steering shaft job requires removal of the front plastics? I've got the Fortress tip-out windshield and a heavy metal roof. I hope to god they don't have to remove all that to perform the work.
My dealer told me they had done several of these and all that was needed for access was to remove the lower dash piece.

I called the dealer last Thursday and was told it was done. Picked it up Friday, but didn't have time to look it over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did any of your dealers tell you to order the parts yourself and they would reimburse you for them? I didnt do it and when I dropped my machine off they told me it would take at least a week for them to get the parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone been offered any sort of compensation from Kawaski? I know they have offered a combined $1000 to people who had bought/ordered Mules Pros, but they couldn't be delivered because they were on sales hold until updated. What about those of us who have been told to not use our Mule Pros for what is now months, and parts still are not readily available.

This is my first Kawasaki, and I have to say I am seriously underwhelmed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I pretty much been using my 2018 FXR daily, figure ill get it to a dealer when things slow up this fall

·
Registered
1 Posts
so i just got my pro-fxr back from the dealer. they kept it for 6 weeks while they waited on parts needed for the two recalls. i also noticed that my steering wheel no longer tilts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used my 2019 Pro-Fx until dealer called me to say they finally had parts for the 2 recall notices last week. Dropped it off and it was ready to go the following day. I can now hear a minor squeak when turning at very low speed and there is a faint metal rattling noise at a specific rpm, otherwise don't notice any difference.

·
Registered
113 Posts
After 6 months of waiting I finally got the call from my dealer yesterday that the parts have arrived.
Scheduled to drop my FXR off on Tuesday and pick up on Friday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know of 2 steering failures on Pro FX that had been in the shop for recall parts replacement. I haven't checked about getting mine done, guess I'll wait for the recall on the recall now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Picked my FXR up today. Everything seems normal. I asked the service guy about failures on the new parts and he said there were NO service bulletins that were showing on Kaws info. He said he has never even seen any failures on the old parts. Said between the two dealerships they run, they have sold hundreds and no reported failures.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts