Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just finished a few cosmetic things on my V. I then rode it around the storage area but notice after a few minutes it just started to idle high. The thumb throttle seems fine but a couple of times in drive it was high. What should I look for. Here are a couple of updated pictures.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
pull the cover off the throttle housing and spray in some lube. could be a binding/sticking cable.

first try starting it and turn the wheel lock to lock to see if the rpms raise up.

cable adjuster could be broken where it goes into the throttle.

theres a place to start. let us know what you find.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
bike looks great! what kind of nerfs are those?

there was also a recall on the older ones for the nuts that lock the cable into the carbs loosing up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pull the cover off the throttle housing and spray in some lube. could be a binding/sticking cable.

first try starting it and turn the wheel lock to lock to see if the rpms raise up.

cable adjuster could be broken where it goes into the throttle.

theres a place to start. let us know what you find.

I'll give that a try. Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
bike looks great! what kind of nerfs are those?

there was also a recall on the older ones for the nuts that lock the cable into the carbs loosing up.
I'll tear it down this weekend and check for that. If you check in my thread from a week or so ago, I was looking for a particular set of nerf bars. I was told they were Rock series nerfs so I ordered these from off Ebay Kawasaki KFX700 Silver Race Nerf Bars with footpegs:eBay Motors (item 180290935323 end time Oct-23-09 06:14:27 PDT)

What I got was something totally different but I was still happy with them so I put them on. I will perhaps mod the front mounts but other than that, they are fine.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
In the front, do they each attach to the frame separately or do they connect to each other under the frame---Thanks

Kenny

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Mine done that, It was a bad/Frayed throttle cable!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the front, do they each attach to the frame separately or do they connect to each other under the frame---Thanks

Kenny
That is the downfall with these nerfs, they attach separately. I may weld a bar between the two if necessary in the future.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
save yourself the pain and $$ and replace the cable mine was frayed and had a little sand on top that added to my wreck that is going to cost me way to much so it sits for a while :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts