Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have tried to reset it about 10 times the check belt light is still blinking, has new belt checked the cvt the switch in on the on position in the cover, does anyone know anything else to do?????

·
Registered
151 Posts
1. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

2. Disconnect both sets of 5 pin connectors located above the CVT cover. Note: These connectors are located just beneath the shift handle on the right side of the one is black and one is grey.

3. Connect these 5 pin connectors to their opposite pairs (grey to black and black to grey).

4. Turn the ignition switch ON.

5. Disconnect the belt failure switch at the 2-pin connector above the CVT cover. (Note: Just follow the wires coming from the rectangular black box on the CVT Cover to locate this connector.)

6. Observe the belt-warning lamp. It should be flashing at a 0.4 second interval for a few seconds then start to flash slower. Let the lamp flash for at least seven seconds.

7. After seven seconds or more, turn the ignition switch off.

8. Reconnect 5 pin connectors to their proper location (black to black, grey to grey).

9. Connect the belt failure switch 2-pin connector (wires from CVT cover).

10. Turn the ignition switch on to confirm that the belt warning light is not flashing.

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
If you were doing the reset and still having problems,the switch is bad in the cover.
I had to bypass mine on the trail because it kept tripping the light/limp mode.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not changing the flashing of the light like everyone says flash fast then flash slow it blinks at one pace the hole time, how did you bypass it??????????

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
What is size Prairie do you have? Do you have a 2007 Prairie 360? The reason I ask is b/c the last year model of the Prairie 700 was 2006.

I'm not sure if the belt reset procedure is the same for the Prairie 360 and Prairie 700.

Happy trails...:)

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
are you unplugging the small connector to the belt trip switch too when you swap the connectors over??

·
Registered
379 Posts
check...........

Ok ...........You need to check all the connection plugs pertaining to the belt switch, engine brake actuator, 4x4 actuator, forward/reverse sensor, etc.. Unplug them .......make sure they are clean..........look for broken or bent prongs/tabs inside the connection.........look at the wiring for cuts /shorts all the way up to the fuse holder.

·
Registered
294 Posts
my belt actuator went bad . it would not stop blinking. are your actuators working

·
Registered
615 Posts
does anyone know the answer to this? mine is doing the same thing.

·
Registered
615 Posts
well found my problem, the switch on the cover is bad. I order a dyna cdi to fix it for mow until i find a switch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts