Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting a pic of my stock carbs. with the bowls and main jets removed.
I wanted to check the size of my mains as I think I'm lean...it runs best with the choke on....about 25% of the thumb slide.
I found I have 145 front / 148 rear Keihins.
This is right on what I think HMF recommends, as I am @ sea level.
I still want to do the 12 hole mod...
I already polished the slides...
I'll cut the springs and shim the needles when I get the new main jets.
I'm going to order 175-185 Keihin mains to be safe.
I wanted to make sure the air fuel screws were 2&1/2 turns out...
The manual says to adjust the pilot screws 1&1/2 turns out...
The pictures in the manual leave a little to be desired, as it appears to be pointing to what I think the air/fuel screw is.
SOOOO...in my picture would anyone who knows please identify each object circled with a different color...
I'll start off..the MAIN JETS are not installed in the picture but their location is GREEN.
If anyone has other suggestions or finds something wrong with my post, feel free to correct me.
After everyone chimes in and everyone agrees the info is correct, I will reload the picture with the identification in the photo so it will show up accurately on the post when doing a search.
Maybe the admin. will sticky it so as to avoid so many carb. questions.
Thanks Ed3:D

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Green is your mains, red is pilots, believe black is the Idle circuit and blue is your A/F screw.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that I don't trust 05-BF-750, but c'mon guys....38 views and only one post....no one agrees...disagrees?????
I thought you guys would be tired of answering the same basic questions over and over...and in all the searches I did, this info was either absent or at best vague.
POST AWAY!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I think 05-BF-750 is correct (I wasn't sure about the idle circuit, but he is correct on the main, pilot and a/f screws).

·
Registered
68 Posts
GARDOG, I am at sea level and My bike has the following mods. HMF duals, 12 hole mod, and uni filter. I just jetted my quad and heres what I have. 180-182 main jets 180 in fromt. Factory pilots and shimmed needles. Air screws are 3 turns out. Its about 50 degrees here right now and its almost perfect, so Im going to wait till warmer weather till I change anything. At worst, it barely sputters evry now and then while crusing and WOT is good, no backfiring when I let off the throttle. If anything, Im going to shim the needles a lil more and that should take care of it. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JRENIGAR...thanks for the info...yea that's what I'm gonna do too, but I looked for three hours for a DEFINITE loction of the different jets/adjustment so I thought I would post a pic and ask.
My new problem is my A/F screws have the screwdriver slots stripped and the screw is seized big time...I cant wait to try and drill/get those little [email protected]$ out!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I think 05-BF-750 is correct (I wasn't sure about the idle circuit, but he is correct on the main, pilot and a/f screws).
I agree

·
Registered
95 Posts
From what I can tell, you are correct. The mains are easy, all main jets look similar, as is the pilot, since they also look similar. The A/F mixture screw, which in bikes seems to also be called the pilot screw, is always externally adjustable, making that easy. I still don't really know what the purpose of the brass tube with no way to adjust is, but that just means I won't mess with it. I looked in the factory service manual, but the pictures of the carbs are not the best.

This would make a good sticky.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On a side note...
I'm goin to post up some pics of the mains I pulled out of my carbs...
they don't look anything like Keihin small rounds...
They ARE Keihins....
but they look like Keihin 25 series slows...
Chaparral has them listed...

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update...
I failed at getting the A/F screws out...
Carbs are trashed...:(
TheSpeedForce hooked me up with a set...:tup:
and I ordered 170 thru 200 mains from chaparral...
so I should be up and running in a couple days...
Thanks again Speed!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Hey Gardog let me know what jets you need I kept all the old ones as I moved up in mods. Some have never been installed

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Dixie...
I ordered # 170 thru 200 so I should be good...
but if I end up needing lower than 170...
I'll give ya a shout...:tup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.