Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been wanting to do this but seems everyone I can find that does it lives in the Southeast. Does anyone know who could do it in Arizona, Utah area.
There is a place in Louisiana called " phoenix powersports" that can get the custom drive lines for about 250 dollars. Here are a couple stretched brute picks. I think they are 8".

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
that black one looks good... :D

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
that's what my next swingarm is gonna be, like a ladder bar :D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I bet they are SRA Brutes though. I thought about doing that on my IRS Brute.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wish I could weld. I have a daughter that can but lives in Hawaii. Aloha
Skip those are IRS brute.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I've been wanting to do this but seems everyone I can find that does it lives in the Southeast. Does anyone know who could do it in Arizona, Utah area.
There is a place in Louisiana called " phoenix powersports" that can get the custom drive lines for about 250 dollars. Here are a couple stretched brute picks. I think they are 8".

Huh, I pass in front of that place all of the time, I never had any idea they did custom stuff, interesting!

·
Registered
477 Posts
i like the stretch but i think the 8 kinda looks alittle long for the brute body. I would like to get about a 4''

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm actually thinking if a 10". Just trying to keep the front down off the line and should take whoops a lot better. Mobility will not be near as good is the down fall. Mudders are finding a advantage also that's why more and more are being stretched.
Can Am guys are doing it also.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I have a buddy Minimus that just did his in his shed and it is a +11.5" stretch and looks aewsome I will get some pics he is waiting on new front knuckles for it.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
How much are they stretched? Do they just whack the frame and extend it?
Thats funny you said that. I just found out yesterday my wife's cousins husband Tig's just about everything. Now I need to get a tig welder cheap. LOL

Who does it in the southeast? Sorry so many questions but this dam sport is getting to me I can't help but make it so fun for me to ride I don't have to worry about this or that. I can have alot better ride and enjoy it more. Plus its always fun to watch there faces when you have something most people don't!!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
How much are they stretched? Do they just whack the frame and extend it?
Thats funny you said that. I just found out yesterday my wife's cousins husband Tig's just about everything. Now I need to get a tig welder cheap. LOL

I got a Miller Syncrowave 200 (AC/DC TIG/Stick) I will sell you at a good deal. It is still under warranty. Looks like its brand new..

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I spoke with "Phoenix powersports in Rayne, LA about it" They did 3 brutes one week and charge around 1,200 and that includes the custom drive line. They cut the frame with a hack saw toward the back somewhere. Motor stays in but gas tank is removed. I would think the frame would be critical keeping it in alignment.
They did say if I can get it done out west they can get the drive line for 250 dollars.
The drive line was an issue that kept breaking but found one that works good.

·
Registered
235 Posts
yeah minimus ive been looking into this too. im just not sure if i wana be in the open class yet.. talk to bb18 over at h.l the guy who made that post he can hook you up with the guy who does that.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I spoke with "Phoenix powersports in Rayne, LA about it" They did 3 brutes one week and charge around 1,200 and that includes the custom drive line. They cut the frame with a hack saw toward the back somewhere. Motor stays in but gas tank is removed. I would think the frame would be critical keeping it in alignment.
They did say if I can get it done out west they can get the drive line for 250 dollars.
The drive line was an issue that kept breaking but found one that works good.
I guess $1,200 isn't to bad if everything is done and ready to ride. Rayne LA is like 18 hours from me. LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts