Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys wondering if u can help me understand better what this noise is? Trying to figure out if I want to try and fix…or take it in. Or if I’ll get lucky and it’ll go away… Long story short I swamped it. I’ve gotten all the water out of it as best I can tell. I can get it to start up every single time now, but there is this noise like somebody’s in there clanging change around.

I have new plugs in with good spark, changed the oil and filter five times until it’s not milky anymore… Drained the gas put new gas in. Drained the carbs a few times. Sprayed some wd40 and a tinybit of engine oil into the cylinders and cycled the engine without the plugs in over the course of a few days.

Motor noise

·
Super Moderator
5,061 Posts
The sear fact that it had water in the oil go through the rod bearing says it's gone anyway regardless of what else has happened. Don't run it any more..take it in for a full rebuild. All swamped engines are on borrowed time...and yours is up already. Expensive lesson learned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I went through 4-5” of ice on the river here. Wasn’t mudding or swimming or whatever lol. In a spot I went passed 25-30 times last year nonetheless. Still can’t believe it happened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts