Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was pulling a friend's KFX700 off the trailer and it felt as if I had a trailer behind it...I told him swing-arm bearings were toast. So, we left that one at my house and took his Razr-S and my Praire 700 to ride. I ordered the bearings from AllBalls racing. Today I took it apart and found basically nothing but the races in tact. Before I order these at $25 a piece...Is the 30mm bolt on the brake side and the allen head bolt on the other side were the bearings ride? If so, the one the brake side is "egg shaped" like hell. I'm thinking order both even though the other side is not showing as bad of wear. These prices are from Bike Bandit. I haven't checked anywhere else, but in the past parts like these are about the same every where.

Also, are the "Pro Aluminum Pro-A Frame Plate" worth $37? They are blowing them out and I have nothing but the stock plates on my KFX. My thinking is that it's better than stock at this price. They are .125" thick and made from aluminum.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, but I went ahead and pulled the trigger because I needed the swing arm shafts. But, Bike Bandit emailed and said that the order was going to be delayed. They have none of these items in stock. This sucks!

I got the races out (FUN!) and drove in the brass freeze plugs from NAPA. They worked great. I also have the new races pressed in waiting on the shafts. I'm glad I drained the final drive the fluid was milky.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
For future reference, the pivot works kits come with the bearings and pins for apretty good price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts