Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking about some changes to my V for this spring (the 38's and LTE's really woke the motor up :D) Right now, I've got 4 1/2 inches of extension on the swingarm, but I am thinking of going a little longer. The problem is that I have a 1 inch spacer with the German gears so if I go with a welded 7", that would give me 8" extension. Is this too much for a trail bike? I could go with Ven's 6" spacer, but I'd have to get new mounting bolts made up (and the ones I have now were expensive:eek:). Any opinions? It actually may come down to how work goes this winter, so I might not be able to change anyway.

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
You got that right. Going longer will transfer weight to the front which equals less traction and inability to get the front light when needed.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
i have a plus 4 and 6 and the 4s the best in the bush but if it was just a bush bike and nothing else i love the standard lenght swinger
feels light and nimble and predictable.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll probably have to stay with what I have anyway - really got too much money tied up in in to change (custom length bolts, custom guard, etc.). Thanks for the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts