·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Love the black & yellow.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks its more of a orange than yellow, looks darker in person. Original plan was change the orange plastics to matte black and keep the bead lock orange but its starting to grow on me as is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has some time to really ride this thing. Took a bit to get used to but I can ride this harder, faster, and longer than the brute all day every day. Already have a fuel controller and clutch kit waiting to go on. The only thing the brute has over it is it's much easy to work on but I also don't have to pull the clutch to change the belt. I had a chance to race my 665 against it, the brute will jump out first but the 850 rides out and pulls hard up top. Can am clutching leaves a lot on the table and once it's clutched it will be no contest. The 850 feels like it has a dead spot when you hit it but then it lights up and pulls the tires. My brute only has a almond secondary and pulls hard till around 55-60 then falls off a bit where the 850 pulls hard all the way past 65, it has long legs that's for sure. I still don't have an opinion on visco-lok but so far it handles a foot+ of snow pretty good even with stock tires. I'm sure the ground clearance has a lot to do with that.

View attachment 74831 View attachment 74832
Cool, interested to hear how you like it when you can really rip it once snow melts. I'm in the same boat been able to hammer on the Brute but only in deep snow. Like you said maintenance is so easy on the Brute, after 3 yrs of maintenance on my outlander it's nice to get oil and diffs changed in the time it took me to just pull plastics and skid plate!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I've never rode a 650i/750i brute force so I cant compare it to them. I can say that at some point I'll probably put the stock exhaust back on my SRA brute force and give to my dad.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Like you said maintenance is so easy on the Brute, after 3 yrs of maintenance on my outlander it's nice to get oil and diffs changed in the time it took me to just pull plastics and skid plate!
Agreed. I did maintenance on a Gen 1 Maverick and a Gen 2 Outlander once, and I didn't offer to do it again. The Maverick was especially bad. I lost count at around 40-something plastic rivets I had to pop out just to change the oil and belt. Also didn't like the cartridge oil filters. It's hard to change them without making a mess.
About the only thing I did like about maintenance on a Can Am was the spreader bolt on the clutch. Kawie REALLY needs to incorporate it.
Maybe they have on the new Teryx KRX1000. I was looking at one the other day, and there are a lot of smart things on it. You can actually get to all the bolts on the clutch cover, and remove it without having to remove anything else, or having anything in the way. Looks like you could swap belts in under 20 minutes in the field. Could be 10 minutes if it has a spreader bolt.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts