Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of y'all looked into different clutch baskets as replacement options for the T4? I already know the KX500 swaps with a little work, but Hinson baskets are hard to find ever since they stopped being produced, and that's what I'm after. I have looked at pics of the KX250F basket, and it looks very similar to the T4. From what I see, a bushing would have to be made to mate the crank snout to the internal splines of the basket at its center bore. I have no idea about overall measurements, though, as I'm currently in Afghanistan. But who's to say that only Kawasaki parts fit? It's possible something from a different manufacturuer is very close dimensionally. Also, even though a basket might not have the same number of fingers, everything else might be very close. I'm just thinking out loud because it seems like this hasn't been fully researched. There has to be an option besides the KX500.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea Pro X made one. Looks like I need to pick one up. It turns out there are two others out there from Talon and Mitaka, but they're both European, and I haven't found any for sale on our side of the pond. At least there are options still available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts