Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just joined and got a mojave yesterday and am starting to fix it up alittle. It's a 95 in red i got for $600.

I have some questions.
--How does one get the seat off? I undid the bolts under the seat and the 2 black straps and the seat will not come off with the rear plastics. What am i doing wrong here?

--What should i do first with it interms of owning it. Im thinking change oil (wheres drain hole?) look at spark plug it needs new rear disc pads(how do i get to the rear pads??). I cleaned it up some. check air filter(how does one get to this??)
--What should i check over on it? I might be going out friday with some dirtbike friends.

-----The good------

-Tires hold air.
-runs fine does not stall once warmed up.
-drives straight
-nothing loose feeing in front end or rear end bearing wise.

Thanks everyone for the help in advance. BTW its a nice forum here. :)

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
if you plan on doing a lot of the work yourself, a service manual will be indispensable. The best money you will have spent.

·
Registered
367 Posts
check to make sure you loosened all the bolts that hold the back plastics on,
I've done this before and i had to double and tripple check, because some of them seem kinda hidden
There is not only bolts on the back, but also look around on the sides and things. i cannot remember right off hand, but i will look as soon as i can to get an wexact location for all the pieces.

·
Registered
387 Posts
well i cant help you with the plastic i have an after market kit but the drain plug is Right in the center of the skid plate on the bottom of the frame and the spark plug is a real bitch to get out i still can't find a socket that fits into where its at yet but its up at the top of the motor on the right side and the pads you just take the rear calipers off and you can probably figure it out from there and to get to the air filter you have to take all the plastics off and its on the left side its a cover right about were your knee would bee if riding it and i would strongly suggest getting a manual and congrats on the new bike ive had mine for a little over a year and love it oh and i would just make sure you oil the filter a little bit first cuz it will ruin the rings if you go through any dust without doing that

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey, I got the seat off. i did not see the two side bolts. Im gonna do an oil change on it today to. Right Now im doing the rear pads but i had to unfreeze the brake piston.

Btw if anyone needs single indeepth parts try babbitts online.

·
Registered
367 Posts
hey, I got the seat off. i did not see the two side bolts. Im gonna do an oil change on it today to. Right Now im doing the rear pads but i had to unfreeze the brake piston.

Btw if anyone needs single indeepth parts try babbitts online.
well i got to look way tool ate, and those other two are for something else,
my brain was having a rough day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts