Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just wondering..would a 87 kx 250 carb fit a 87 tecate 4? in need for one and it seems i can get one off a friend's bike. also can get a 250r carb. what size carb should i be going with for best results? 38,39.34,mikuni,keihin etc? what carbs should i be looking into?? just got it 2 days ago. kind of new at this lol. any help would be :cool:. thanks.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I like to run a 38mm, when it comes down to a brand everybody has there personal prefrence. I have had great luck with the 38 mikuni TM flatslide carb, many other guys on here run lectrons.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help. really appreciate it. actually heard that from a few. guess i give it a try. thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would i need anything specific by the way? as in intake boot,throttle cable etc? the carb that's on there now actually looks as if it don't want to fit into the airbox boot. literally not connected. think it's the stock round carb. i figure a 38mm would be even larger to fit. i can still use the stock throttle cable correct? anyone? help is well appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I run a 38mm tm mikuni. I had to fab up a boot that went over the carb and theairbox boot. Some guys say you can heat the airbox boot up and get it to go over the carb. It did not work for me. The stock throttle cable can work. It opens the throttle almost fully just alittle bit less. You may have to go to an aftermarket throttle assembly like a moose that open up to a 44mm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts