Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 87 T4 for sale, its mostly stock and in great shape. Bike has Razr's on the rear and nerf bars, everything else is stock. Front plastics are in excellent shape and come with an extra set of excellent plastics. The rear plastic is decent with one stitched crack. The wheels are painted black on the outside but are still white on the inside. The rear shock needs rebuilt. If anyone is interested Email me @ [email protected] for pics or call me @ 317-416-3817. I live in central Indiana. Im asking $2800.00 for this quad, I bought it to restore to show room condition but have lost interest in it.

I also have an 87 Suzuki LT500 with a fresh rebuild and two sets of paddles for sale. Was going to restore also but lost interest. $2500.00

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
thats even hefty for canada holy shit

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Pics would help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you dont like the price dont buy them, but dont come on here bashing my stuff when you havent even seen them. Want a pic just email me and I can send you one, these are not junk. The price I have on them is negotiable but not giving them away. I am just fine keeping them.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
nobody is bashing your stuff, just trying to keep it real. it's very common for guys to price their stuff like it's a 250r. A 2800 tecate should be fully restored and need nothing. a 1400 tecate needs rear plastic, a rear shock rebuild, and the like. The market isn't what we hope it to be. You should just keep the bike and restore it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have alot more than $1400 in it and to rebuild the motor would cost at least that and powder coating another big chunk of change, all new tires cha ching, not to mention all of other stuff. Total restore is a rebuild like brand new, your looking at over $4000. I think I will keep my T4 cause it doesnt look like anyone on here wants it anyway. Thanks for the tip. Mike

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hey mike, email me pictures, I'd like to see your machine, wether your selling it or not.

[email protected]

Derek

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
You could always bring it to tecate fest to :rock:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The bike is actually pretty nice looking, I told him, the price seems steep because of what you can buy for less, EG. Shadows. I'd have to get 6-7k to move mine, before it would make economic sense. Like rockhound says there is a price in your heart, and then there is the reality price.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well put D-411, I got mine for cheap but have poured about $3000 into it after full engine rebuild, chrome, PC and new parts. My assessment of what it's worth is way different to what the market bares.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I have more time than money into mine but if I had to pay for all the custom fab work and powder coat I would probably have just as much as rockhound or more into mine.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I paid $1800 for mine. It is all stock except for the topend rebuilds and case halve gasket and the Bills Pipe that was given to me. I ride it on rare occasions but I will never part with it as long as I have a sane mind. I wanted this bike so bad and finally got it 10yrs after I first seen it. It actually belonged to my cousin who used to have more bikes,trikes, and quads than you can shake a stick at. What it is worth to you may very well be more than what it is actually worth. I would say hang on to it just for its uniqueness.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The bike is actually pretty nice looking, I told him, the price seems steep because of what you can buy for less, EG. Shadows. I'd have to get 6-7k to move mine, before it would make economic sense. Like rockhound says there is a price in your heart, and then there is the reality price.
What I have into mine, and what it would take to even make me think about moving it are two different figures. I'll never never sell it. I'm easy 10-12k on mine (thats CDN funds) and it's not quite done yet. If you include $1500 for the original purchase, exchange, shipping, duty, that could be upwards of $2500. I'm at a huge disadvantge cause everything has had to come from the USA. next winter comes chromoly subframe with air box, new fox rear shock, total ignition revamp and an extended swing arm, then it's done, just maintain it.

I mentioned 6-7k to begin to think about a sale because I'd have to get the cost of the motor and suspension back for sure, as it sits now.

thats pretty crazy between me, mike, derek and brian we have approx. $42,000 into 4 machines, $52,000 if you include brians first one I don't know about mike or Derek, but I did this once before in 2005, I was 10k into that one(the bike on rockhounds web site), parts mostly all sold except core stuff and this new build slowly began. wild man, for a 2 year production machine thats 23 years old....!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts