Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a map that I can download that shows the campground sites as I am right about 55 feet overall and want to make sure I can get in there:confused:
Do they have a water fill station and a sewer dump? If not were could I get water? I hold 150 gal. and do not want to haul it all the way from BFE.
I guess I can always dump the black water in rockhounds fuel tank to give him that extra hp boost for the trip home.:D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Depends on where everyone is staying. Driftwood 2 has spots my GF's parents have a NRG 23' with a Toyota Tundra an it all fit in one spot barly... If your sand camping no worries plenty of room. This is a good question how many spots are reserved and where is everyone plan on camping? Now would be the time to reserve spots before they are all gone.

·
Registered
780 Posts
We're working on dialing it in somewhere else that will be almost right on the sand and have enough room for as many trailers as we need to. In the mean time, you're free to make reservations anywhere you like if you are concerned about a time based deadline.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're working on dialing it in somewhere else that will be almost right on the sand and have enough room for as many trailers as we need to. In the mean time, you're free to make reservations anywhere you like if you are concerned about a time based deadline.
Sand Dune Frontier ??

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I will be heading out tuesday or wednesday, so if anyone else is coming down early i can point them in the right direction.

·
Registered
780 Posts
FYI for those attending Tecatefest from out of state who may not have received word about altered legislation.

Dear ATV Rider,

You are receiving this email because you indicated on the Oregon Parks on-line ATV Safety Course that you would like to get notifications from us. Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to be removed from this list.

We want to notify you that there are new safety restraint and helmet requirements for young people riding in off-highway vehicles that will go into effect Jan. 1, 2010.

Changes in state law will require youth under age 16 to be secured by proper restraints while riding certain Class I and all Class II vehicles mandated to have seatbelts by the manufacturer. Riders on Class I quads and three-wheelers weighing less than 800 pounds are exempt from the law. Class II vehicles include jeeps trucks, or side-by-side utility vehicles that are off-highway. Class I vehicles that are affected include youth-sized side-by-side all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) that weigh 800 pounds or less and have seatbelts.

Basically, laws governing the use of safety restraints for anyone 16 years of age or under in vehicles on roads and highways will now apply to off-road vehicle riding. Ref: Senate Bill 579 http://www.leg.state.or.us/09reg/measpdf/sb0500.dir/sb0579.en.pdf

The change in the statutory helmet requirement states that all youth under 18 must wear fastened helmets approved by the Department of Transportation (DOT) while riding in any class of off-highway vehicle not registered by DMV. Anyone riding in a registered, street-legal Class II ATV with a roof or roll bar that leaves the highway is exempt. Ref: Senate Bill 583 http://www.leg.state.or.us/09reg/measpdf/sb0500.dir/sb0583.en.pdf

Both changes resulted from legislation passed by the 2009 Oregon State Legislature and signed into law by Governor Ted Kulongoski. The new safety restraint requirements were carried in Senate Bill 579. The amended off-highway helmet requirement was passed as Senate Bill 583.

If you have any questions regarding this or any other ATV-related matter please contact our ATV hotline at 877-7SAFELY (877-772-3359). Many ATV questions can be answered by going to our web site at www.oregonOHV.org.

We’ll be sure to keep you updated on matters relating to off-highway recreation in Oregon.

Have a safe and happy Christmas and New Year.

John Lane
ATV Safety & Education Coordinator
Oregon Parks and Recreation Department

·
Registered
780 Posts
what campground Driftwood 2 or somewhere else?
Here's the update as of today. The plan is to stay at Sand Dunes Frontier, though they typically don't take reservations so it's a bit of a slippery fish. Since they have not returned my phone calls or emails of the last 60 days, nor were they open for business the three times I vistited them personally over Thanksgiving, I can not assure anyone that this will not change.

Mrs Senator and I will be a paying SDF a few more visits personally between Christmas and New Years to try and finalize unofficial reservations for enough campsites to assure everyone that there will be room for them. Until then, I ask that you not attempt to contact them regarding Tecatefest, lest they feel bothered and decide unfavorably to our requests.

Should we need a Plan B, Mikey has agreed to head down early to occupy the first-come-first-served area needed.

Is there a map that I can download that shows the campground sites as I am right about 55 feet overall and want to make sure I can get in there
Sandman, the area we have selected will be more than suitable for that length rig. Mikey, Dave, Toby and I are all close to that length too so you'll be fine. The only map I have is a hand drawn one that is neither to scale, nor includes any actual dimensions. Despite that, I will get it out of the truck and try to get it on my computer so I can share it here.

Senator, what day are you arriving?
Thursday or Friday I imagine

·
Registered
9 Posts
I will be there Friday only. Recieved info from the candian crew and eastern guys most of the fast bikes will be going to Coos Bay this yr over Memorial day wkend so I will join with them...but I will finally get to see some of these fast tecate machines I keep hearing about. ;)

·
Registered
780 Posts
This was copied from the www.rideATVoregon.org website.

Welcome to rideATVoregon
New safety laws are now in effect for operating quads and three-wheel ATVs (Class I ATVs) and off-road motorcycles (Class III ATVs) on lands open to public use. (See chart below for age-related timelines.) In order to make training as convenient as possible, the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department now offers this free safety and education program and certification online on this website.

SAFETY TRAINING EXEMPTION: Safety training isn't mandatory for riders using an ATV or off-road motorcycle for farming, agriculture, forestry, nursery, Christmas tree growing operations or when riding on private land.

Training Online in Three Easy Steps
1. Study and pass the online test on this website. A student can expect to spend between one and two hours for the entire process.

2. We’ll mail you a plastic, wallet-sized All-Terrain Vehicle Safety Education Card approximately 30 days after you pass the test (You can print a 30-day temporary education card immediately after you get a “pass” confirmation).

3. Carry the ATV safety education card with you whenever you operate a Class I or Class III ATV on lands open for public use.

Mandatory Training Ages
Year Mandatory Safety Training Age
Jan. 1, 2009 Youth 15 and under and adults supervising youth
Jan. 1, 2010 30 and under
Jan. 1, 2011 40 and under
Jan. 1, 2012 50 and under
Jan. 1, 2013 60 and under
Jan. 1, 2014 All riders must have an ATV safety education card

There is no minimum age to take the online course, though some children may have a difficult time with the course material. We strongly encourage parents to go through the course materials and test with their child/children. Parents who participate and who pass the test will receive their safety card as well. Even parents who choose not to take the test usually find the course both informative and enjoyable.

If you need a hard copy of the study guide and test materials, please call toll free 1.877.7SAFELY
Complete the test and mail it back to the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department.

·
Registered
22 Posts
dosnt look like i can afford to camp all weekend so i will probably cruise over for all day saturday

·
Registered
22 Posts
haha well i can pay in your drink of choice if u find some room :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts