Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i set off to build a hybrid tecate. i started with the idea that i was going to swap a quadzilla motor for a 340cc sprock engine and then it turn difficult.

to my surprise the lower rails on the bike were bent and nose curved off to the left. so what did i do? i got creative and started building the first part yfz part quadzilla part tecate atv. let the pictures speak for themselves.

heres my photoshop rendering

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Wow, yep thats alot of work.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I have a YFZ here that I am parting out if you need any stuff...Feel free to PM Me.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
you've got balls cutting that bike up, looked like it was a good ride. I like the fact it's still going to be a 2 stroke.

·
Registered
272 Posts
that was the tecate i was going to buy i was just waiting to sell my truck to get some cash. o well

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hey nick Iam the guy that bought the sprock engine off of you. It is currently off getting redone By dave at ILR. The cylinder was trashed as you said but I grabbed a virgin cylinder off of ebay cheap. That bike looks alot different than the last time I saw it. Keep us udated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i regret selling that motor becuase my buddy now has a tecate. i figgured the ports were trashed but how was everything else? are u getting it resleved to a 330cc?

and ya ill keep you guys posted :cheers:

·
Registered
360 Posts
the bottom end was in good shape everything else was good as well. Looked like the wrist pin went and took out the top end of the motor. Yeah it is going back to a 330 sleeved with a new long rod. Well see how it goes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ya that t4 was bomb when nick bruaght it home. it is too bad that frame was tweaked, looked like a face with a broken nose.this tec-zilla is gonna be sick nasty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts