Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would a good idea to start a reference thread - or even a link on the webpage if at all possible - to reference where you can obtain custom / aftermarket tecate parts (swing arms, a-arms, steering stems, etc.) from.

After restoring my '88 almost five years ago I just sorta sat on it and now that I'm getting back into the swing of things I'm finding it even more difficult than before to find custom parts.

I know Rockhound here sells some stuff but other examples - like nitrobandit has a Rad Racing bearing carrier - I googled' the hell out of that and couldn't come up with a reference. Same goes for his ATV Racing swing arm.

If we choose to do the thread route then I'll perdiodically edit this orig post to include the references so people won't have to thumb thru the thread.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
We do:

*Swingarms(any custom,length)
*Aftermarket steering stems(available again soon) as well as soon to add antivibe
*Custom tooth count front and rear sprockets(you don't have to disassemble axle like with other sprockets)
*Billet brake stays
*Reed spacers
*Rebuilt rear shocks

We also have a huge inventory of used parts as well as being a dealer for many manufacturers, such as:

Durablue
Maier
Fast by Gast
All Balls
Cometic
Bike Bandit
PBI Sprockets

We won't charge more for a part than we'd pay for it ourselves if we needed it.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Allot of these places used to advertise T4 stuff, most don't bother listing the parts on their websites - low volume... but it's best to call and see if they still make them.

I would definitely recommend ILR Performance for pretty much anything you need!

ATV Racing The make some really nice A-Arms and a nice bump steer kit!

There are alot of 2 Wheel DRAG Bike shops that will extend swing arms and polish them - but the craftsmanship varies....

Dave Moore Racing Allot of Hillshooter/ sand drag stuff!

FTZ Racing Worth checking out for there Digital PVL, outside the frame pipes, Alky Booster Carbs/ fuel pumps ect - the Alky intake is pretty sweet also, looks simular to a Boysen Rad Valve but larger ported design.

FBG
Fast By Gast - long time leader in Drag Bike technology! Tweeked Lectrons, race electronics, Trans Mods - My tecate Gears have the back cut mod by FBG

Cometic Gaskets Stock, 72mm, 74mm & 76mm big bore top end gaskets - along with custom spacer plates - for long rod setups

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
nitrobandit;My tecate Gears have the back cut mod by FBG[/QUOTE said:
Hey Nitro, does that mean you have an over ride tranny now?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Undercut Gears..

nitrobandit;My tecate Gears have the back cut mod by FBG[/quote said:

No it means that Fast by Gast has undercut the gears..It makes it shift smoother and not jump out of gear.. Prob bought the trans from Maury off Ebay..Also Nitro if you want another FTZ intake i got one..Makes less hp than a stock cage but looks cool..

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
nitrobandit;My tecate Gears have the back cut mod by FBG[/quote said:

No it means that Fast by Gast has undercut the gears..It makes it shift smoother and not jump out of gear.. Prob bought the trans from Maury off Ebay..Also Nitro if you want another FTZ intake i got one..Makes less hp than a stock cage but looks cool..

Yeah I bought most of Mauri's stuff when he parted his dragbike...

FBG will backcut your gears for about $250 - just gives a slight angle to the engagement dogs so they don't slip and separate under power - popping out of gear.

Yeah I read that the FTZ read cage made less power on another thread or forum... but will give it a try. I have an FMF, V- Force, Stock, Stock ported.... we'll see what works best for me. It's so shiny.... it must be Fast:cool::cool::cool:

Thanks for the offer... but one of each is all I need:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Reed Cage..

Hey Nitro get a KX500 intake boot and either a stock cage or KX cage and run the Carbon Tech reeds for a kx500. The dyno doesn't lie. Also stay away from the Digital PVL on a drag motor..You wont like the advance on startup..Analog works great..:D

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Hey Nitro get a KX500 intake boot and either a stock cage or KX cage and run the Carbon Tech reeds for a kx500. The dyno doesn't lie. Also stay away from the Digital PVL on a drag motor..You wont like the advance on startup..Analog works great..:D
Thanks, yeah same thing Mauri told me... I also have an anolog PVL setup.... I figured I would give the digital a shot since I am basically starting off as a hill shooter - we'll see how it goes...:lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts