Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm a new Tecate owner here. its an 84, the previous owner HAD a ton of work done to it and then it sat in the back of his grandma's backyard. well, i picked it up cheap and just going thru it. I remember watching this bike beat EVERY honda 250r AND 350x!! I need help on 2 major areas #1, where can i get a petcock? and #2, anybody know how to pull off the flywheel? i've seen petcocks for like $40 or so, is that a good deal? also have seen 'universal flywheel puller' on ebay (center hole and 3 long slots), would this work on my tecate? Thank You all in advance for your help & thanks for having me in your group.​

·
Registered
780 Posts
I don't know much about the T3 petcocks but the universal flywheel puller will come with enough bolts to work for your application.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm a new Tecate owner here. its an 84, the previous owner HAD a ton of work done to it and then it sat in the back of his grandma's backyard. well, i picked it up cheap and just going thru it. I remember watching this bike beat EVERY honda 250r AND 350x!! I need help on 2 major areas #1, where can i get a petcock? and #2, anybody know how to pull off the flywheel? i've seen petcocks for like $40 or so, is that a good deal? also have seen 'universal flywheel puller' on ebay (center hole and 3 long slots), would this work on my tecate? Thank You all in advance for your help & thanks for having me in your group.​
You should become a member of 3wheelerworld where you will find posts like this one I created about Tecate 3:
Kxt250 Tecate 3 What Parts Fit Swap Interchange?

You can find a harmonic balancer or steering wheel puller at your local auto parts store that will work for OEM flywheel. WAIT i just noticed you describe your flywheel as having 3 long slots, the OEM flywheel has 3 threaded bolt holes. I am unsure what flywheel you have. A 3 prong puller from auto store may still work. You should post pics before you ask questions to get better answers.

Petcock- Banshee can be made to work. 2002 kx125 bolts right up. Keep in mind what size fuel line you intend to use for your carb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts