Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got these in from being made up. they are stock replacment teflon coated faceplate bushings.

It's an alternative to replacing the faceplate which is over 75.00. and this will cure the knocking faceplate. simply press the old one out ahd press this one in.

These work in all Clutch faceplates, stock, stage 1-2-3-4 modded, Dalton, Dasa.

I have them in stock and ready to go.

18.00 Plus shipping (2 day is 6.00)

If you want them installed in your NON KEBC faceplate. ship me your's and I'll install it for free and return it. same price.

My bushing on the left. worn stocker on the right

Here's where the bushing goes. this is a stock Vforce faceplate but they fit every kawy faceplate made from 360cc to 750cc

Here's a picture comparing the bushings. the stock is a brownish paper impregnated bushing. you can see the thickness of the teflon impregnated in my replacment bushing.

This is a stock KEBC faceplate. they fit in there as well. but most of the time the KEBC bearing is worn as well. better than paying 85.00 for a stock kawy faceplate.

John

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the faceplate knocks from this worn bushing. until now kawasaki only sold the bushing in the faceplate. they offer no replacment bushing.

to check your faceplate. just unbolt it and check the wobble in it. if it is over 1-2mm of play, then it's worn.

My main reason for making these is all the stage 2-3-4 clutches I have out there that have modified cltuch covers. Having them out there since 2003 and seeing what's been coming in lately, they have to be all worn out by now.

It's expensive to buy a new faceplate and then remachine it just to have what you already have. the aluminum doesn't wear, just this bushing. so this is the cure

however, this is not an end all, fix all to a worn clutch. There are other bushings and pads that wear that I have as well.

lower sheave bushing and weight bushings, as well as spider pads and weight pins.

John

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
What do you need to do different to install the bushing in faceplate with the KEBS bearing still in place? Had my clutch off yesterday; that bushing is worn, among other things, lol.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the KEBC faceplates. You need a blind hole bearing puller and slide hammer it out. or hammer it out thru the faceplate hole (not recomended) sometimes they are in there pretty tight.

I use an arbor press to install and remove them. if you are using a hydraulic press, you'll probably crack the faceplate of the bearing is hard coming out.

John

·
Premium Member
10,195 Posts
John,

I have an extra clutch that knocks a little until you rev the motor. The faceplate bushing definitely has some play but it seems that the spider pads and lower sheave bushing have a little more than normal play as well. I also noticed that the stall with any spring is increased with this clutch because it must be binding a bit from the worn bushings. I realize that the right thing to do would be to replace all of those pads/bushings but I don't want to spend the money on that. Would replacing this faceplate bushing help at all or would it be a waste of money without doing the others also?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the lower sheave 15.00 and the faceplate 18.00 as well as shims for the spider pads.

dismantling the clutch is the easy part (if you have the tools). pressing out that damn lower sheave bushing without blowing the sheave in 1/2. that's the hard part.

faceplate bushing is easy install. place the new one on the top and press it right thru. old one pops out, new one goes in.

John

·
Premium Member
10,195 Posts
I don't the tools to remove the movable sheave to replace the lower bushing or spider pads. Do you think it is worth replacing just the faceplate bushing?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys... I just noticed a wicked knock the other day, figured it was the clutch. When I removed the primary and started her up, the noise was gone. After a little more investigating, I found the faceplate bearing was the culprit and it seems no one can match up the bearing ( John, do you know anywhere that can provide a replacement bearing?) Anyway, I decided to press it out and re-pack it, in an attempt to buy a little more time and noticed the clutch cover wouldn't fit properly. That's when I realized the engine brake actuator malfunctioned and may be the root cause of the bearing failure. Thought I'd give everyone a heads up and the dealer tells me that there may be a recall, Has anyone else heard anything like this? It's either the module ( under the seat) or the actuator itself.....Anyway, Cheers!:cool: BTW it's an '06 Brute

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I know you said 360 to 750, but the p400 has a different type of clutch....will it work on a p400?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
So thats a no...thats ok, i figured that. I dont know who would buy one of these junkers. Guess I need to get a whole new primary.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
John if I mail you my Brute faceplate can you install a new bushing in it ? Call you with CC# or Postal $ order.. total installed with shipping back to me 30253 Ga.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts