Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to do some testing yesterday on the MSD which is a ignition and fuel controller for the Brute Force FI 750.

This unit allows you to change the timing and fuel requirements for added performance and adjust for any mods.

Been running this unit on Teryx's for several months with no issues.

As far as the way the unit works, so for it looks like everything is working fine.

We are working on the harness lengths and unit placement on the vehicle.

I used the one we have to tune in a Fundy Std bore kit with muzzy pipe on our 08 Brute

Should have something going real soon

Todd

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I would've liked to have tried it out also... Whats the part number?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm sure you may have posted some info on the unit before, but what all is it capable of doing? Will it have software similar to a PC 3 for instance? Storage of multiple maps? (quiet core in/out for instance) Thanks for the heads up, the VDI unit on paper seems good but is still full of bugs. We sure need a different alternative, thanks for doing the testing on the Brute

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very much alike to the power commander on the fuel side. It has tables just like the PC it adds a table for timing too.

You can set your timing in as many places as you like there too.

You can set rpm limits and speed limits to what you want.

There are ten selectable maps you can program and choose from.

If you purchase it from us, we will have some maps preprogrammed already to make it a plug and play.

Lots of real time gauges so you can look at all kinds of engine data as long as the computer is connect to MSD while it is on the vehicle.

Todd

·
Registered
182 Posts
That sounds like a great set up. Thanks for the info. When is your rough guess as far as availability?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure, maybe a month or so.

Right now the problem is the harness issue and where to put the MSD. The best place is for the stock ECU to stay put and put the MSD back by the tool kit.

MSD has to come up with a male connector like what is on the Brute harness.

·
Registered
247 Posts
So the MSD is a piggy back unit and not a stock ECU replacement?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Wish they would have let John do some testing on my Brute Force.

·
Registered
42 Posts
msd

count me in
since your competitors are all having reliability problems

is the rpm setting gonna be set (or locked) with the maps already built in or is it gonna be independent

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whats the cost going to be? Any chance us at kawieriders can get a deal on some beta units when their ready.

They are going to be $425 from us

I don't control the beta units but if the future is like the past only a couple places in the country get one, work the bugs out then they go on sale.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
count me in
since your competitors are all having reliability problems

is the rpm setting gonna be set (or locked) with the maps already built in or is it gonna be independent
There are ten maps and I think four are locked, will have to look again.

The other ones you can do what you want to with.

The maps we pre-program in for you, you will still be able to do what ever you want but doubt you will need to mess with RPM or MPH limits as I set them to 9200 rpm and 80mph

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes it starts in the cold. We have been selling these for a while on the 09 and 10 Teryx with no issues.

You can buy one now but the placement on the bike is not perfect.

Todd

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does it take out the low speed timing retard?

·
Registered
7 Posts
What are some of the maps for it.Where do I buy one and how much are they.Was gonna get a PCiii but I might wait if this is gonna be good.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What are some of the maps for it.Where do I buy one and how much are they.Was gonna get a PCiii but I might wait if this is gonna be good.
Right now all I have is a map for stock pipe and muzzy, will have one soon for a fundy std bore kit

You buy it from us and they are $425

1 - 20 of 141 Posts