Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Texans. What part are you from? I'm 30 miles West of San Antonio.

·
Registered
511 Posts
North Dallas

Sent from my iPhone on the toilet.

·
Super Moderator
9,444 Posts
North Houston area

·
Registered
141 Posts
Northwest Houston/Cypress

·
Registered
131 Posts
North Houston / Spring

·
Registered
184 Posts
Central texas

Mexia,texas 06 v-force is my ride of choice. I fix on kawasaki's a lil and cuss em alot. I have a few xtra parts for prairie's and brutes. [email protected] fyi mexia is 100 south of dfw an 40 east of waco

·
Registered
63 Posts
older thread but I am from north Houston/spring area.

where does everyone ride at around here other than dso in crosby, creekside in splendora, or general sams in hunstville?

·
Super Moderator
9,444 Posts
I just answered the same question for PW5STAR. By chance, are you using 2 different usernames? Just curious.

In case you are not the same person, here was my reply to this question.

If you like mud, there is a place across the street from DSO called Extreme Offroad Park & Beach (used to be called Mel's). This place has mud bog racing and sand drag races from time to time...you can find them on Facebook.

There are also lots of multi-use trails in the Sam Houston Nat'l Forest close to New Waverly. Its cheap (only $5 per day per ATV), but the downside is that they are only open when the trails are dry and also the trails are very tight/overgrown. Its more like adventure riding through the deep forests...not fast paced trail riding. If you are interested in riding in the SHNF trails, you have to get an OHV decal sticker from Cycle Shack North or another dealer and you have to wear a helmet, have a spark arrestor plus met other basic qualifications.

There is a small ATV park on Hwy 59 near Splendora called Creek Side Edge. Its close, but nothing special. Many of the trails there are very wide due to Jeeps/Trucks (kinda like Gen. Sams trails).

There is a new ATV park not far from Gen. Sams in Huntsville...its called Texas Off Road Ranch. They have a website and are also on FB.

There is also a new ATV park south of Houston (somewhere near Alvin I think). I don't recall the name of it, but its apparently for mudders. Speed limit in the entire park is only 10mph, so not really a place for fast trail riding. I haven't been there for that very reason.

There are several other ATV parks within a 3 hour drive of Conroe including: Shiloh Ridge in Alto; River Run Park in Jacksonville; Mud Creek Offroad in Jacksonville; and Mud Buddy's in Halletsville. All of these ATV parks are huge with the exception of Mud Buddy's.

I hope that helps.
Mike

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey man thanks a lot!! and no I am not the same person lol. I just happened across this thread while surfing this site and figured I would ask.

·
Super Moderator
9,444 Posts
No problem. Glad I could help. It was probably just a coincidence that you asked the same question as another KR member (its a common question actually).

By the way if you enjoy fast-paced trail riding with your buddies, you should consider cross-country racing (aka "XC racing"). I race in a XC series called TORN and most of the races are in the DFW area. Next race is at the end of August...its a blast. They have different ATV classes for just about anyone...some classes are just for utility quads, some are just for newbies, some are for old farts like me (I race in the Over 40B class), etc. For more info, check out www.tornracing.com

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Tex, where do you ride? Ive been to Hidden falls several times and that new-ish one in Brady once, don't remember the name of it.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
60 miles N. E. of Dallas.
You ever go to Rednecks with Paychecks? I've been there once and it was crazy. Too bad it's a 10 hour drive from where I'm at.

·
Super Moderator
9,444 Posts
Jake,
I heard that Hidden Falls has a speed limit in the entire park (something slow like 10mph). Is that true? Did you see anyone hauling butt down the trails, or was everyone putting along slowly. I don't want to drive 4 hours or more to go there if I can't open it up on the trails.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mikey, remember I used to CC race there??? I don't see why they would have that rule. 1. cause we hauled ass. 2. that place is way to big to "patrol". I do remember them having speed limits between camp sites though... But then again, that was years ago.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts