21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,445 Posts
Ok. Thanks for the feedback Randy!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Your main trails A, B, and the entrance had the speed limit. While I was there, a big event for wounded soldiers was being put on. They actually had "park rangers" in jeeps patrolling the park. Even to the extent of having radar guns. No wheelin after mid night and no drinking and driving. They do enforce theses rules religiously! Awesome park even with the "park Rangers"

·
Super Moderator
9,445 Posts
Thanks Jake. If the park rangers are enforcing speed limits on the trails, then I'm guessing the park is better suited for "exploring" type of riding. While I do enjoy that occasionally, I am more of a fast-paced trail riding kind of rider...so I'll probably pass on that park.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wasnt there a recent death accident there? That is why the are cracking down....

On a side note. Big event at Mud Buddys at the end of the month. I hope I can make it out there. here is the link Mudbuddys - Home

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have mixed feelings about Mubuddys.

We went about 6 weeks ago. Seemed like a cross between a motoX track, XC track, mud hole, and a meth compound.

·
Super Moderator
9,445 Posts
LOL @ Jake's comment. Your last comment is kinda true in the sense that they have a rough looking local crowd that rides there (usually older quads that are on their last legs).

I haven't been to Mudbuddy's in about 4 years or so, but I have good memories of riding/racing at that park. The last time I was there, Kelly was still managing the park. I believe someone else in their family has taken over that role and Kelly is no longer involved. I don't know if the new manager is doing a good job or not.

I've been to MB a number of times back in the day and I thought it was fun for being such a small park, had a little bit of everything including a small MX track, a XC course around the perimiter, a narrow sand drag strip, a small river to cool your heels on a hot summer day and some mud holes to play in after a hard rain. I raced in a few XC races there when the ATVCCS series was still around (almost 10 years ago).

The last time I was there, I participated in sand drag races. Kelly bought a "tree" for the sand drag strip (but no timers). I still have a vid of me drag racing at that event on my FB page (I beat a few banshees on my Twin Peaks 800...yes, I was spraying nitrous. LOL) Was a good time and I won a little cash.

I have also been there a few times for their ATV rodeos...always a good time! But again, that was back when Kelly was running the place. I get the impression that they don't do as many events nowadays.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Meth compound!!!! that is so totally funny. I agree.... I buy the best meth there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
5 miles N.E. of Conroe.

·
Super Moderator
9,445 Posts
Reactions: Mule055
21 - 33 of 33 Posts