Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seat is wierd!! I love this bike and everything about it, except the seat. I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get the seat off. I spent last night taking bolts off here and there until i started to forget what bolts I took off and where they went back, ending in a final result no better than where I started. Could someone please give some insight to this dumb guy as to the secret code to taking the seat off? Thank you so much in advance for helping me keep my sanity

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The whole rear plastics come off in one piece. Here's three pictures.

1 is the bolts you remove (a spacer will fall out too)
2 is the rubber strap on each side that gets undone
Pull back and up and everything will lift right off

3 is mine with a quick release pin in place of the bolt. I can pull everything off in about 10 seconds with no tools

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you soo much Mojave Magic!!! I did not even think to take the bigger bolts the were on the frame. I took the farther away smaller bolts off just under the seat in the picture.... duhhh.... I dont remember seeing the stap though... hope I have those. I took off so much stuff last night I cant remember. I even took the screws out inside the tool box in the back...lol... Thank you again soooo much!!! I am trying to get to the carb actually. I want to just flip it over so I can open up the bottom the clean the needle. It seems as if its not seating properly (gas pouring on the floor from over flow tube) is that the best way to the carb from the top you think?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Sometimes you can just loosen the clamp on the carb and turn it sideways enough to get the bottom off. I usually take the machine apart and remove it entirely, it's way more fun to do up on the bench with room to work.

Unfortunately, the front plastics have to come off as well as a bunch of other junk to get the carb out. I'll list it all out if you want. If you go that far, might as well adjust the valves while it's apart too (there's a thread on here with pictures)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much. I wont put you through the torture of listing it just yet. You have helped me so much with my original problem back in the fall (needing help getting to know my Mojave) and now this problem today. If I ask you anymore I feel like I would need to pay you for services lol. You bring great experience to this forum and I dont want to take that for granted. I will get in there tonight and see if I cant fix the float problem but if I get stuck I will be asking more dumb questions tomorrow. Thank you so much again Mojave Magic!!!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
No problem. This site was one of the reasons I bought mine, because there was so much help. The way I see it, I'm just passing on what I learned here, so feel free to ask away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.