Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you had any luck using inversion tables?

Back in '96 when I was 20 years old, I had my first back surgery which consisted of fusing 2 vertebrae in my lower back, L4 and L5. 10 years later, I began have more back problems, 3 more herniated discs. 2 are up higher on the spine, and not much of a concern right now, as the lumbar disc is causing major pain. I have a hard time walking, sitting, and most of all, sleeping. Other daily routines are near impossible. I got 1 hour of sleep last night, and decided to take the day off work since I wouldn't be worth a damn at the shop. I went out for a 2 mile walk and it made the pain a little tolerable, I just hope I don't pay for that walk later tonight when I'm trying to get some shut-eye.

A few friends suggested using an inversion table. Just wondering if anyone here has had any kind of pain relief from using one.

Also, if anyone here works in the health care field, please pm me as I have a few questions I would like to get some opinions on.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I had 2 ruptured discs in my lower back about 3 years ago.I think it was l-5 and s-1 the pain was indescribable,I couldn't walk or sleep hell it was hard to pull up the zipper on my pants.After being off work for 3 months and 2 injections in my back I decided to buy an inversion table.I was told by my doctor and chiropractor to avoid surgery as it should be a last resort.The table has been one of the best things I have done for my back.When my back starts bothering me I start using the table for a couple days and it takes the pain away.I suggest you look into trying one you really don't have anything to lose.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
I have a horrible back from crashing a 400ex years ago. I never went to the hospital, but I know I broke ribs or something.

I have an inversion table from Dicks. it was about 200.00 worth EVERY PENNY. I can crack my own back and kneck easily when you are upside down. it takes a few days to get used to the pressure on your head, but it goes away.

would work great for solo kegstands as well!!

JOhn

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I certainly believe that allowing your spine to relax and stretch back out is everything. A couple of years ago I herniated three disc in my neck (yes it was with my V) and the surgeon recommended the old fashioned neck stretcher with a water bag. I couldn't believe it but after awhile it started to work. Now anytime I start to get stiff (my neck you perv's) I get it out and use it for a couple of days. It has actually saved me from surgery which is REALLY good.
Good luck. I bet it will work for ya.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
After reading this I may get one myself. I was down almost the entire weekend with my back. Years ago they told me I had degenerative disc disease. This time all it took was a sneeze for it to go out... Thanks guys for the info!!! XOXO

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
They tell everyone with bad discs they have degenerative disc disease.We all get it some just quicker than others and it's caused by age.

·
Super Moderator
12,647 Posts
I've got one; it does help. When my back and siatic nerve acts up, it can provide immediate relief.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, I'm gonna buy one. Just hope my heart can handle the increased BP when hangin upside fukkin down.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
back pain sucks....about two years ago I found a new chiropractor...he is a freaking genius....has solved so many problems for me. I now go once a month for maintenance and am really doing well...dispite all my years of crashing freestyle bikes, minibikes and ATV's......hell, I avoided bone crackers until my GF finally convinced me to go see her doctor and its has been a blessing. All my previous visits to chiropractors amounted to me wasting money and leaving in more pain then I hobbled in with. Maybe your condition may not be helped by chiropractics, but if you were here, I would for sure take you to see him. here is their website: Burt Clinic Of Chiropractic - Chiropractor In Walcott; IA; USA :: Home Last time I was in, he had a student from the thumb of MI...I beat he could recommend someone in your area....

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Yes i have an inversion table and they are good just get one that you can adjust for rotation so you don't have to go all the way over and slowly work your way all the way over and don't spend too much the cheap ones are just as good i think i paid like 120.00 for mine and it is the same as the expensive ones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
back pain relief

Inversion therapy is good, but there is a new product that is much easier to use, is fully portable, and offers the same benefits for low back pain relief.
The 'Spinal Stretch' device weighs just 4 lbs, so you can take it anywhere--even on your bike and use it immediately after a long ride. My wife was crippled by sciatica last year, and used the thing for one week and was 100% pain free.

And something else you'll rarely hear from an MD... be sure to drink plenty of water!
Water is crucial to keeping your spinal discs properly hydrated, as the vast majority of back pain is the result of your spinal discs drying out due to a combination of aging and gravity.
And you also probably didn't know that smoking is horrible for your back. Doctors won't even do back surgery on a smoker until they quit for several months!

you can check out the spinal stretch at spinalstretch.com

happy holidays and best of luck!

Back in '96 when I was 20 years old, I had my first back surgery which consisted of fusing 2 vertebrae in my lower back, L4 and L5. 10 years later, I began have more back problems, 3 more herniated discs. 2 are up higher on the spine, and not much of a concern right now, as the lumbar disc is causing major pain. I have a hard time walking, sitting, and most of all, sleeping. Other daily routines are near impossible. I got 1 hour of sleep last night, and decided to take the day off work since I wouldn't be worth a damn at the shop. I went out for a 2 mile walk and it made the pain a little tolerable, I just hope I don't pay for that walk later tonight when I'm trying to get some shut-eye.

A few friends suggested using an inversion table. Just wondering if anyone here has had any kind of pain relief from using one.

Also, if anyone here works in the health care field, please pm me as I have a few questions I would like to get some opinions on.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Inversion therapy is good, but there is a new product that is much easier to use, is fully portable, and offers the same benefits for low back pain relief.
The 'Spinal Stretch' device weighs just 4 lbs, so you can take it anywhere--even on your bike and use it immediately after a long ride. My wife was crippled by sciatica last year, and used the thing for one week and was 100% pain free.

And something else you'll rarely hear from an MD... be sure to drink plenty of water!
Water is crucial to keeping your spinal discs properly hydrated, as the vast majority of back pain is the result of your spinal discs drying out due to a combination of aging and gravity.
And you also probably didn't know that smoking is horrible for your back. Doctors won't even do back surgery on a smoker until they quit for several months!

you can check out the spinal stretch at spinalstretch.com

happy holidays and best of luck!

Thanks.
I wanna take a ratchet strap with a fancy harness and make millions off of it just like that guy.:lol:. Granted his product looks like a joke to me, but there is some interesting info, if you watch the video, that makes sense.

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
I used to have crazy back pain since I lost a 130 pounds it hardly bothers me at all any more even after shoveling all that snow

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm gonna look into the True Back.
A chiropractor is out of the equation, I will not go back to another one. There is a well known chiro here in town that the hospital referred me to. After the 3rd visit, I was on the op table getting sliced open.
That spinal stretch thing looks like a cluster fukk, but thanks for sharing info about it. I appreciate everyone's input and recommendations. I'm looking for something to get me by until I can afford to take 3-6 months off work to have the surgery. Thanks again everyone.

·
Super Moderator
12,647 Posts
Whatever you do, just make sure that you have had x-rays, CT scans, whatever, to make sure you won't injure yourself further.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts