Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 brute force 300 that the wife rides. Ran fine in January and then my son got hurt then covid and the bike sat till about 3 weeks ago. Starts right up and idles fine. Once you start to give it gas about a quarter throttle it bogs down and dies. I've cleaned carb, ordered a rebuild, bought an ultrasonic cleaner and ever mixed new jets with old ones. 2 new spark plugs. Its is the exact same from when it first started up. I've taken this thing apart over 20 times. I need help. The shop just said bring it in. They won't even point me in the right direction. Anyone know what could be going on?

·
Super Moderator
12,565 Posts
It ran good before sitting 3 weeks?
Two things: carb plugged/dirty, or critters chewed the wiring or built a nest in the air intake.
Replace the "carb kit" jets with the (cleaned) factory jets. I'm not a fan of aftermarket kits.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Bikes been sitting for 10 months Nova, but I think you're right. Either starving for fuel or air. Have you drained the fuel out of the tank and put in fresh stuff? That ethanol does bad things to a fuel system when it sits for a long period of time. The 300 has a gravity fed fuel system, correct? Check the fuel line coming from your tank to your carb and make sure there is good flow. Like Nova said, check your airbox for nests and obstructions. Do the same with your exhaust. If something gets in there and partially blocks off your exhaust, it can do what you're talking about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts