Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to ask your opinions of value/market activity for my 04 700 Prairie. Its stock save a UNI foam filter, has 1600 miles/260 hrs,tires are 70% or better,a few cracks on the real black fender extensions and it runs great. In all honestly it can be a bugger to start when its 25ish or colder. Red in color, always garaged or covered if outside. Not faded or beat but it has been used and it is 17 years old now. I bought it from the original owners (senior gal) with 1100 miles in mid 2017. Sold it to a friend in mid 2019 who put 100 miles on it while it sat at their property rarely used and bought it back early this year and have put something like 400 more miles on it. BTW, Im 60 with bad knees and beat hands. Ive read about some of the things such as ball joint recalls etc and have no idea what if any of the upgrades or TSB have been addressed. Oil &valves just done,diff fluid when I bought it back. Id ride it anywhere and do so solo 90% of the time on 50+ mile rides.
Reason Im tossing this around is to find a lighter atv. I really have no need to a twin of this size either. Locally, like everything else bikes,cars,atv prices have become incredibly unreasonable IMO. If you were looking for something like mine what would you expect or hope to pay? I can send pics if anybody is interested and also its street legal here in east AZ/ Western NM where we live. Thanks folks

·
Super Moderator
5,061 Posts
Everything's value is inflated right now, property,homes,vehicles and all forms of recreational items like AT and UTVs. I just paid 6 grand for a car for my daughter that had 149K miles..a few years ago I wouldn't have given 500 bucks for it or I wouldn't have bought it at all. It's crazy. Now isn't the time to buy but it is the time to sell. And your 04 700 Prairie is becoming very sought after. If it were team-green even more so. If it's in the shape you say, you can likely get near 20-40% more then KBB value which right now is about $3,280. However might want to rethink the reasons for selling. They don't make them much lighter then the Prairie, mostly just less power until you get down to the 400cc range machines. You have a classic...rare. If you sell it, be sure it goes to a good home..one that understands what they have.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sheesh...after lookin on Craigslist in the closest handful of states even at $3500 I couldent replace it with anything worth buying. Thinking I'll bit the bullet and do the rocker shafts at least and keep on riding it. And yes, prices are insane now. Ive been buying,fixing trucks for decades and now its not even worth considering looking for a fixer,just to much to invest as a hobby.

·
Super Moderator
5,061 Posts
Sheesh...after lookin on Craigslist in the closest handful of states even at $3500 I couldent replace it with anything worth buying. Thinking I'll bit the bullet and do the rocker shafts at least and keep on riding it. And yes, prices are insane now. Ive been buying,fixing trucks for decades and now its not even worth considering looking for a fixer,just to much to invest as a hobby.
I want to buy a used say 2016-19 Outlander 1000 XT or XT-p but they still want in the teens..BS on that. I'll wait. :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I want to buy a used say 2016-19 Outlander 1000 XT or XT-p but they still want in the teens..BS on that. I'll wait. :)
You getting rid of your brute ? I rode an outlander And wasn't impressed at all. I hated how the handlebars and the gauge cluster is like right in your face.

·
Super Moderator
5,061 Posts
You getting rid of your brute ? I rode an outlander And wasn't impressed at all. I hated how the handlebars and the gauge cluster is like right in your face.
Man I sold my Brute back in 2016 and missed it ever sense. Just kicking around the idea of getting another quad. Not about to pay what they are asking though. I would get a new Brute first. :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Man I sold my Brute back in 2016 and missed it ever sense. Just kicking around the idea of getting another quad. Not about to pay what they are asking though. I would get a new Brute first. :)
I doubt I'd ever get rid of mine. They dont make anything else out there that I like.

Reactions: kickstart

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I see prices are through the roof right now I have a 03 Lakota and a non Kawasaki(Suzuki) 86 quad both are rebuilt to a point and I would not sell or part with them ever especially my Lakota thry just dont make them as tuff as these older machines IMHO But then again im sure fuel injection would be nice on a cold aub zero day lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts