Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have a weisco and its holdin in pretty good
it also wouldnt hurt getting the abla manual chain tensioner it gives you 2 or 3 links more of tightening

·
Registered
61 Posts
would the timing chain on a quad like one on a truck . wouldnt it be a good idea to change the sprockets and the chain

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
It uses the DRZ400 (dirt bike version) Base gasket to bump the compression from 11.5 to 12:1. As well as the dual valve spring set up to accommodate the extra compression. As well as the heavier strength 3/4 Pitch timing chain vs. the 2/3 pitch that comes in the Z/KFX/DVX400.

·
Registered
637 Posts
No, Completely bolt on. If you get the yoshimura 4/5 chain then machine work is in order.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The Timing chain swap would be no power increase but, would last much longer. The DRZe kit is a very noticable difference. I helped put one in recently and wow. I have one on its way now. Lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks jon. i know doing the timing chain alone will not yield results. i was referring more less to increasing the compression of the motor how mcuh of a difference it is.

im debating now if i just wnat to sell my 400 and buy a 450. but im having trouble finding the money to do so.

·
Registered
637 Posts
With the right mods that 400 will keep up with 450's and be reliable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With the right mods that 400 will keep up with 450's and be reliable.
such as what?

i dont know which exhaust to get, but im definatly going to get this kit since i need it.

i know i need to rejett.

and im probaly going to get a big gun rev box? thats what my friend suggested but he also rides a raptor 660

possible a new front sproket too. not sure which one that either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts