Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reluctant to get an aftermarket CDI since I don't hit the rev limiter (I'm running 25" tyres) and I'm also concerned with the reliability of aftermarket CDIs. However, they do offer one advantage as I understand it. Changing the timing. The question is, what is the difference between the different CDIs? Will the change in timing be worth it? Which brand do you recommend?

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
really no need for an aftermarket, won't do a lot for ya with a stock motor, you might feel a little more power down low with the ones that do advance the timing
don't remember which ones or how much they advance it, maybe somebody that knows will chime in.

I have pretty much always run the Dyna, never had a problem with one

·
Registered
680 Posts
I wouldnt waste the money on one,i cant tell any difference between dynatek and stock!!

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Keep your stock CDI and just install a 4 or 6-degree key for more power.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I agree. I run the dyna, and 4_keeps runs a stock one, with no difference at all.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Run the stock cdi. There have been countless times when members on here have had cdi problems with the aftermarket ones and end up switching back to stock

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Anyhow know the advance for a White Brothers/Procom/FST cdi?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I beta tested the VDI on my brute and advanced timing even helps stock machines.
3 mph if I remember right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts