Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, after reading up on the timing retard on efi Brutes, did they change the maps for 2010 models? Reason I ask, is on my Dad's 2010 Brute, There doesn't seem to be a retard, his bike will wheelie like a MoFo in complete stock form. Just curious!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong but...I thought the timing retard was only in reverse?
I found out from Kawi that the ECU is the same, maybe they have changed some mapping but i doubt it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think he is talking about retard from 0 to 5 mph. Mine had a lag until i got an old holeshot module. It would still wheelie before just not as easy.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
all the efi brutes are wheelie monsters compared to the carbed ones stock for stock..

·
Registered
247 Posts
^^^^ True Dat!:D

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The EFI models do not have the 0-5 retard.

I am assuming 2010 Brute ECU's are different, the Teryx's are. They made a change on three wires going into the ECU on the Teryx for 2010 and the both have the same wiring in 09 Teryx and 08 and 09 Brutes

·
Registered
962 Posts
Efi appearantly do have the retard. There was a total difference after the holeshot module. I know several other people who did the same thing with same resusts.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I can't say with certainty until next week when I plug the MSD into our BF but on the Teryx it is not there anymore.

The MSD has a timing advance gauge so you can read exactly what the timing is doing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.