Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was thinking about purchasing 27” mega mayhems on my brute 750 with 1” wheel spacers. Would this clear fine? If so, what about 28s?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have 27" Swamp Lites on my Brute and had to do a bit of plastic trimming on the rear fender skirts as they were hitting when I was pounding on it. Mind you, I'm no lightweight and I ride like an idiot at times. I have since put a 2" Highlifter lift kit on it just because I wanted one. Looks cool. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Looks great man! So a 2 inch lift and 1 in wheel spacers should clear 27s no problem?
If your going to get a 2 inch lift id get the 28's then.

Reactions: mastrblastr

·
Registered
568 Posts
If you have stock rims you will need the wheel spacers. I have aftermarket rims so no spacers required for me. It all depends on the rim offset whether or not you need spacers. The 2" lift is easy to install but keep in mind it raises your center of gravity and is also hard on CV joints. Also, the bigger the tires you go, the harder it is on your driveline and steering components. I upgraded my tierods the same time I put in the lift. Like Swanny said, if you go with the 2" lift, get the 28's.

·
Registered
917 Posts
If you have stock rims you will need the wheel spacers. I have aftermarket rims so no spacers required for me. It all depends on the rim offset whether or not you need spacers. The 2" lift is easy to install but keep in mind it raises your center of gravity and is also hard on CV joints. Also, the bigger the tires you go, the harder it is on your driveline and steering components. I upgraded my tierods the same time I put in the lift. Like Swanny said, if you go with the 2" lift, get the 28's.
his center of graviity will be off if he gets 27's or bigger anyways thats why I stuck with 26's. The added height would be nice but I would always feel like im gonna roll it or tip over.

Reactions: mastrblastr

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
I hear ya Swanny. The added height of the lift definitely changes the way the bike handles, but the offset of the rims helps to counter that. Still can’t ride as aggressively as with a stock Brute though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for all the questions but can I run 27s without a lift
Sorry for all the questions lol, but if I run 27s on stock rims and 1” spacers I don’t need a lift?

·
Registered
917 Posts
I know for shur you wont if you get mudlite xtrs. Not to shur on other tires as I wont buy any other tire other then mudlite xtr. I would try not to get aftermarket wheels as they weigh to much and your already going to add weight with new tires

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know for shur you wont if you get mudlite xtrs. Not to shur on other tires as I wont buy any other tire other then mudlite xtr. I would try not to get aftermarket wheels as they weigh to much and your already going to add weight with new tires
For sure, I’m definitely keeping stock rims. I was looking at mega mayhems but they aren’t real trail friendly

·
Registered
568 Posts
27’s with spacers will be fine IMO. Mega Mayhems would not be my choice. That’s why I went with the Swamplites. Good all around tire for where I ride but you have to choose what’s best for you.

·
Registered
568 Posts
27’s with no lift.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts