Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all I am new to this forum. Hello to all of you out there.

I have a 2008 Kaw. BF650. and no mods.

I am looking at getting two new rear tires since they are warn down and one is leaking. The front OEM tires are fine and plan to leave them alone.
I ride in South Carolina so this is my terrain.
10% to 20% water and light mud.
10% to 15% sand
and what ever else is left over is dirt, hard pack and asphalt. There are always rough trails, brush, small trees and logging roads that present puncture hazards.

I was thinking about the Big Horns but I hear a lot about the weight so I was going to switch to the Big horn 2's.
1 What is the weight diff.?
2 Is there something better I should be looking for a tire.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Regardless what tire you choose, I would just go ahead and get an entire set. With your bike, I would opt for terra cross or the big horns, either one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been reading the other posts on here and see a lot about both. the thing about the two front is that money is an issue somewhat and they are still in good condition.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You might check on here for someone who might have a pair of stockers they might sell cheap just a thought :tup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree should get full set . If money is an issue might find someone close to ur area that has a factory pull off set u can buy so u can have more time to get what u want. you will also have more time to research for the best deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts