Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 26" mudlites on my 650I and I feel like the tires are to hard. Is it the mud type tire or air pressure. How much pressure is everyone running?

Thanks Jason

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have 4 25x10x12s on my 700 at 5 psi and they work good for the tire they are.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got the mudlite xtr max is 7psi "i beleave" and I run 5psi in the front and rear. My buddy has the mudlite XL's and runs 6psi in the front and rear. Its kinda a trial and error thing as to what you like, just don't go to low or you can de-bead the tire when its in a bind or push stuff between the rim and tire bead which would cause a slow leak.
Smkblwr

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow I have been running 10psi. Guess that's my problem I thought these tires needed more air. Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna try 6psi that should make a big difference. Jason

·
Registered
26 Posts
maybe i'm wrong but i only run 4psi front & rear and get lots of traction & longer tire life

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow I have been running 10psi. Guess that's my problem I thought these tires needed more air. Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna try 6psi that should make a big difference. Jason
WOW!! 10psi!! I don't think there is any quad tire I've heard of that needed that much! I would only run like a max of 5 maybe 6! Imo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I checked mine again with a diff tire gauge and they all read 8psi, still to high. Aired down to 5psi. This should improve the stiffness of the ride. I had 5psi in the factory tires and they felt to spongy. I realize the mudlite's are a 6ply tire and have a stiffer feel. Would still put these same tires back on again though. Maybe 27's next time. Thanks for the replies...Jason

·
Registered
59 Posts
i know i shouldn't even post this but when i first got my first quad years ago i didnt know any better and i had like 26psi in them. i read the tire and it said up to 26psi to set the bead, but i only read the first part. lets just say my 25" tires were 28" and going over a small bump was like jumping on a trampoline.

·
Registered
190 Posts
i know i shouldn't even post this but when i first got my first quad years ago i didnt know any better and i had like 26psi in them. i read the tire and it said up to 26psi to set the bead, but i only read the first part. lets just say my 25" tires were 28" and going over a small bump was like jumping on a trampoline.

LOL I know the feeling. my buddy bought a RZR this past summer and put big horn 2.0's on it. He filled them up to 32psi cause he saw it on the tire and was like oh its a radial. He missed the "To seat Bead" part and i laughed at him

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree that 10psi is a little much. I run the same as everyone else about 4 psi. I run that in all conditions from snow to sand.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i run dependent on weight. 4 in rear and 4.5 in front just me. 5 in rear and 5.5 in front if i have extra fuel back camping gear. what have you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts