Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i were to put 20s on my kfx 700 will it cut the top speed down or with a cvt does it not matter?

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
As a VERY general example...a 20 inch tire will travel @ 91% of a 22 inch tire @ the same rpm...
Soooo, if your RPM is 7000, and your mph is 80 on a 22" tire
you would lower your mph to about 72 on a 20" tire @ the same rpm....
This is a VERY rough calculation based on the difference in tire diameters which vary greatly, even two different style 20" tires will be a different diameter...

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
I don't like 20" tires on the V. To me it feels slower. The only plus is you have more tire options. I would imagine if you adjusted the clutch to compensate, it would be alright. This is based on a built 730. Stock, 20" might be good

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
20" tires will look stupid on a V IMO. The stock 22's almost look to small for the V. I run 23" up front and 22" out back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i really like the look of your setup with the 23 and 22 razr2 but i dont think i got that kinda cash to spend on tires the 20s seem to be alot cheaper but maybe ill stick to the stock size holeshots or any other sugestions that would work well for trails and still be kinda cheap ?

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
How cheap is cheap?
Watch the classifieds on here...
Somebody will have a set for sale...
or post a wanted ad in the wanted section...
Welcome to KR...
you'll be poor soon...or poorer as it may be:p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wana get new but im thinkin maybe around 350 400 for a set ? canadain money

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Oh...now I see your problem...
Shipping costs are going to KILL you...
Try and hook up with Camo...
From what I've read he usually brings some stuff back with him when he comes down to St. Anthonys in the spring...

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
22's and 23's

:)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Why do you guys like the 23's in the front---Just for appearance sake---Thanks

Kenny

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
LOL

actually it's supposed to handle a lot better, especially when riding fast trails etc...

yeah like that one has seen trails :lol:

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
I guess I am different but I like the 21" front and 20" rear combo alot. Made mine handle better then with a 22" up front.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I would think 20's out back would have alot of excess wheelspin...
considering how easy the V breaks the 22's loose...
is this true hellraiser?
or do you somehow use the extra torque/rpm to your advantage?
I know you consistently hang with/beat 2smokers that usually tromp most V's...

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Hey J, them tires looking kinda used :lol:

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
I would think 20's out back would have alot of excess wheelspin...
considering how easy the V breaks the 22's loose...
is this true hellraiser?
or do you somehow use the extra torque/rpm to your advantage?
I know you consistently hang with/beat 2smokers that usually tromp most V's...

They do spin like a mofo but its still gotta enough go to make it happen:D I think its more just a preference thing. I like the 20"s better since there is not as much side wall the handling feels better to me.

As far as drags I have had problems with two things. A Prairie 820:D, and a crf450. Beat the 450 a couple times and he beat me a couple times. I could only hang with the 820 on gravel and it was side by side:lol: Still surprised the hell outta me. On pavement it was a different story:)

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Hey J, them tires looking kinda used :lol:

They have had the $hit beat out of them:D It is nearing time for another set. I think these will get it through this season hopefully.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Stick them on that Mojave and get some new ones for the quad that matters! ;) :lol:

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Was thinking about doing exactly that a couple weeks ago:D Thats whats good too, The mojo has 10" rims also! I have one brand new Kenda Klaw 20" on a Honda wheel. I found someone that has another brand new one and they only have one also, I am trying to save the money to snag it up. Then the V will have new back tires. Not sure what those rims will look like on there though. Then I will need to change the fronts later:mad:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts