Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will ITP MUD LITES 27/10/12 FIT ON A STOCK 05 BRUTE FORCE SRA, on the front and back WITHOUT RUBBING? thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i'm running 27x12x12 rear and 27x9x12 front mudlites, no rub at all. mine is IRS but it should not matter. you clear the gas tank guard by a good inch. you won't believe what that extra 2 inches of height does for the BF, i'm still amazed every time i ride it with the new skins.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already run the ITP HOLE SHOTS in 26", but want the ITP MUD LITES, in 27/10/12 all the way around, great tires

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am more concerned with the front tires rubbing, thanks for any responses

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had 28X10X12 Outlaws on stock wheels with no wheel spacers and they did not rub in the front. On the other hand the lugs on the 12X12's rubbed on the back so I installed 1.5 inch wheel spacers all the way around.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What are pros and cons with wheel spacers? If I was going to put 26x12's on I wouldn't necessarily need them but would I benefit from them or jeopardize any thing? Performance, reliability etc. I would think it may be a little more stable but that I would lose a little turning radius. I wish shocks didn't cost so much:mad:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just put 26x10x12 mudlights on front and 26x12x12 on the back on my 06 SRA, I was really worried about the fronts rubbing the tie rod's, and it's not even an issue. I clear everything with ample room.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I noticed that my atv was more stable with the wheel spacers. The cons of the wheeel spacers is added stress on bearings and steering components. The further out you put the load the more leverage it has. I will do a write up about them after I have a few hundred miles on them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I noticed that my atv was more stable with the wheel spacers. The cons of the wheeel spacers is added stress on bearings and steering components. The further out you put the load the more leverage it has. I will do a write up about them after I have a few hundred miles on them.
Thank you, I appreciate the intel. I am guessing a really heavy tire would add to the stresses created by wheel spacers. I don't have extra cash laying around to fix unnecessary, preventable issues. I guess I'll have to save up after the tire kit to get shocks all around?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the input, ordered some 27x10x12 mud lites for my 05 brute, everyone that replied had very helpful input, thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts