Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade my tires on my competley stock 2011 Brute Force 750 4x4i. My plan is to keep this thing stock aside from new tires and a few minor details. I'm really leaning towards the Kenda Executioners. From what i hear they run small so i'd like to get 26x10x12 for the front and 26x12x12 for the back. Am i risking extra wear and tear on my quad if I put these tires on it and keep the rest of it stock, especially with the wider tires in the front? Does anyone have know if these tires will fit and not rub or do i need to do anything to it prior? I was told to get them but stick with the stock 25" sizes however i really dont want to loose any ground clearance since i'm not crazt with the stock ground clearance to begin with.............any advice?????

·
Registered
157 Posts
No issues with the height.

I've been researching and asking a lot also, as I'm about to get a set of bighorns for my 650i. From what I can gather up, a 12" wide bighorn will rub, on the gas tank. An 11" wide bighorn (11" is available in the 2.0's) wouldn't.
That's assuming stock rims and no spacers.

Any tire that's bigger and/or heavier than stock will require more force to turn it, but no mods would be 'needed'.

Hope that helps a bit....

·
Registered
406 Posts
12s don't rub and you can probably go to 28s before clearance becomes an issue. Executioners i had measured a little short, wore like iron, performed well in mud & snow but rode like shit on hard surfaces and had no lateral support(sidehill). Bighorns or save a couple bucks and get MAXXIS ZILLAS. I had 27-9-12&27-11-12 on my 650 sra and it was stock, they are light and dureable and work well everywhere. I currently have GATORS and am thinkin about getting something else, just for lack of traction. Oh yeah the executioners are HEAVY and will suck power and speed unless you change clutch springs then they will only kill speed. CHECK OUT THE ZILLAS, you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weight a minute!

I have done A LOT of reasearch on this.....probably too much as i'm second guessing myself now, ha. For every tire I find I like I find half of everyone likes them and half dont. In regards to weight, i looked at the weight chart at Pureoffroad.com and yes the 25" executioners are much heavier than the Zillas but compaired to some of the other are not.

25" Execs:
17lbs.
26lbs.

25" GBC Dirt Tamers:
20.5lbs.
24.2lbs.

25" ITP 589's:
N/A
25.8lbs.

25" ITP Mudlite XL's:
19.4lbs.
22.7lbs.

25" Interco Swamp Lites:
19lbs.
23lbs.

What I couldnt believe was that the "Trail frielndly" dirt tamers are actually heavier and also how close is weight the execs were to the mudlites and swamp lights! If you read some of these forums you would think the executioners were 100lbs a piece!? Most say they can live with the way they handle on the trails but the only major complaints are tire weight. If this tire weight chart is true then I may have to give the executioners a go...................thoughts???

·
Registered
217 Posts
What sort of riding do you do will really drive the tire decision IMO. Tires like zillas and executioners are geared more towards the mud where as a tire like the bighorns are going to be a good handling tire on hard pack, rocks, dirt(not mud) and tarmac.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I bought some rip saw sendona's and there awesome. i got the stock size, they dont weight alot but there are heavy.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Had the exec's on my prarie 360 and I loved them but they are heavy! You won't get stuck in the mud with those but they sucked horribly in the sand:mad:. They just dug themselves in deep. I ran very little air in them(3 psi)due to the heavy sidewalls. They do run a little small though so 26" would be fine with your machine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade my tires on my competley stock 2011 Brute Force 750 4x4i. My plan is to keep this thing stock aside from new tires and a few minor details. I'm really leaning towards the Kenda Executioners. From what i hear they run small so i'd like to get 26x10x12 for the front and 26x12x12 for the back. Am i risking extra wear and tear on my quad if I put these tires on it and keep the rest of it stock, especially with the wider tires in the front? Does anyone have know if these tires will fit and not rub or do i need to do anything to it prior? I was told to get them but stick with the stock 25" sizes however i really dont want to loose any ground clearance since i'm not crazt with the stock ground clearance to begin with.............any advice?????
I have a set of kenda executioners the same set up that you are talking about on my bike. I love it!! They 12" rears will rub slightly on the plastic protector that goes around the gas tank when you go over a big bump but it doesnt hurt anything! GREAT set up though. makes these four wheelers unstoppable. get them. :D and btw they dont run small my 26s sit the same as bighorns unless big horns are running small too. hahah

·
Registered
110 Posts
the rip saws area a little round, they have 4 treads across the tire, and only 2 and touching concrete in my garage with 5 psi in them.

25x8-12=24lb
25x10x12=27

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ride some groomed trails but most of the trails up here in NH are very rocky with lots of big roots. Very technical riding in most parts. I think im leaning towards gettting 26x10x12 executioners all the way around. I want the ability to tame some of the trails out here but also plow through the mud hole that occasionally get in the way. Will 10 inch wide tires be ok on my front end and will they fit on stock rims without spacers? Thanks guys! This site has helped a lot!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ride some groomed trails but most of the trails up here in NH are very rocky with lots of big roots. Very technical riding in most parts. I think im leaning towards gettting 26x10x12 executioners all the way around. I want the ability to tame some of the trails out here but also plow through the mud hole that occasionally get in the way. Will 10 inch wide tires be ok on my front end and will they fit on stock rims without spacers? Thanks guys! This site has helped a lot!

I have the kenda executioners on my brute 750i 26x10x12 in the front and 26x12x12 in the rear on stock rims there is absolutely no need for spacers if your just going to run 26x10s all the way around. 10s dont even come close to rubbing. The only time my 12s rub is when i jump it and then the only place they rub is on the gas tank protecter.

Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts