Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for recommedations on tires. I have 02 p650 that I ride in mud and sand. I have stock brute force tires on it now, but they do not do very good in the mud. I was looking at the mudlite xtr. I would like to go to a taller tire, but with a taller tire it also gets wider. Would it be harder to steer with wider tires on the front? I am also worried about the right rear tire being to close to the fuel tank. What have you guys done before?

·
Registered
711 Posts
You can run 27's on it with no problems with rubbing.I run 28 inch itp 589 mud tires on mine with a high lifter lift kit.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am looking for recommedations on tires. I have 02 p650 that I ride in mud and sand. I have stock brute force tires on it now, but they do not do very good in the mud. I was looking at the mudlite xtr. I would like to go to a taller tire, but with a taller tire it also gets wider. Would it be harder to steer with wider tires on the front? I am also worried about the right rear tire being to close to the fuel tank. What have you guys done before?
Try some Zillas, they are the all around best tire I have found for trail AND mud riding. I think you will like them better than the mudlites. You can get them in 28's. Yes skinnies will make it easier to steer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I run stock size for now but I have had great luck with AMS Swamp fox or GBC Dirt Devil. I would like to try the new Dirt Devil II, they are suppose to be better. Anyway they wear really good for what I have been doing. some trail riding, little bit of mud and water, some asphalt and gravel roads.
These are the Dirt Devils II

These are the Swamp Fox

·
Registered
182 Posts
I run 27" Zilla's, although they are a light tire, they still rob some power. One thing to remember is that just because the manufacturer says it's a 27" tire does not mean it actually is. I probably could have went with 28"s
So far this tire does an excellent job for the terrain I ride in. ( a little bit of everything)

·
Registered
34 Posts
i run 26" swamp fox plus on mine. it makes it a little stiffer turning, but when your in mud fender deep it aint much difference!:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts