Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Not sure if it was just the way it appears on video, but it looked kinda shaky in the top-fuel dragster as it went down the track...sorta looked like it was veering from side to side???

Check out this one...scary stuff! LiveLeak.com - How not to fuel a car

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
That's because the back end moves around a lot. You are talking about a 300 inch wheelbase car, so that front end is out there a ways and it is going fairly straight with just enough correction to keep the back end straight behind it. :D

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
thats how i feel on my V

yeah right

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
They always go side to side down the track. It's not as noticable from the stands watching them from the side.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
They always go side to side down the track. It's not as noticable from the stands watching them from the side.
It is from my view.:D

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Ya, it doesn't get any better than where you watch from. I'm jealous.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Just out of curiosity...how many forms of ear protection do you use for the fuel cars when you're that close? :confused:

And do you say.."WHAT?!?!" a lot? :p

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
they run these things a few towns over from me. they let you stand less then 50 feet away. the amount of raw fuel that comes out of the headers goes up 50 feet in the air. when the pair of them leaf the starting line the vibration that goes threw your body is un real. it truly is a crazy time. i feel real nervous around these cars. if you sit it the stands theres the idea of it loosing control and flying into the stands. when you slightly behind them standing near the starting line you think of the moter blowing apart into pieces. those cars are insane!

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Just out of curiosity...how many forms of ear protection do you use for the fuel cars when you're that close? :confused:

And do you say.."WHAT?!?!" a lot? :p
I wear standard push in ear plugs. Truth is they do little to help. The sound and vibration of these cars is all encompassing and goes right through you.

Yes, my hearing is shot. The weird thing is that I can hear OK, as long as there isn't multiple sounds coming from different directions. When that happens, I have trouble distinguishing the seperate sounds. I have been shooting for over 15 years, so it has taken a while to mess up my hearing.:D
they let you stand less then 50 feet away.
It's even more INTENSE standing 10 feet from them.:D

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Yeah the fuel cars are a sight to see..I love the thud in the chest you get when they hit WOT.

And the misery of the nitro in your body..I've taken all my friends to the pits for their right of passage. Just to watch em run..:lol:

But I must say I :wub: the Pro Mods also...nothing like a nitro fed doorslammer!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts