Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any riding tips for jumping up to a 700 prarie after a 250 recon? I had no problem what so ever throwing that honda everywhere and anywhere and places it should have never been. I decided to try my prarie and I pretty much sucked on the tough track in McArthur. I got beat by bikes that should have never came close. Very disappointing:confused::confused::confused: I might just have to stick to drag racing it:mad::mad:

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
What parts of the track did you find slow and tough, as compared to the Honda?

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
Does the front end dive and not want to turn? Try a set of Progressive Suspension or Elka front springs to stop the diving.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
This was the first time she ever rode this bike other than straight .The track had about a foot and a half of mud on it which made it hard in 4x4 for her to navigate the tight turns as I told her practice ,practice ,practice.....

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
1st need to add, that I dont race, the closest that self have come to that is when playing with friends and chasing each other!!!

what I would suggest after the front suspension has been set up correctly, is that instead of putting all the turning effort on the steering action, try using the throttle to help steer, as you get on the throttle, it takes the weight of the front and hence takes the dipping action away!!

have done that many times with the wifes BF(IRS) have even drifted it on wet tar roads going around the corners
on the dirt I do the same thing!!
shift my weight completely to the inside side of the bend/corner with my A$$ almost completely off the seat

honestly believe its a matter of finding the right ridding technique!!
sadly I can figure it for my self, however have never sat and analyzed exactly what or how I do it!!
so I hope this helps

remember this is way bigger/heavier then the honda 250, and does take a bit of getting used to!!
self had a honda trx300, and took a change in riding technique, to get the full enjoyment out of my V, and the wifes BF is one step further then that!!

try using the throttle to help stee, works for me!!

hope this helps!!
good luck!!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts