Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Trail clearing in Alberta....

4K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  finalfunk 
#1 ·
Found an old trail that hasn't been used in years...so many people just ride and never pack a chainsaw... Any other bush wackers out there??? ?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Cleared, looks better in person...

Attachments

#3 ·
Some bigger trees across the trail too. I mostly use my Fiskers machete and then use the saw for the logs across trail. That fiskers is deadly!!!

#4 ·
Hard to load these pics...??

Attachments

#5 ·
Made it about a km and it took me about 3 hrs of clearing.
Called her a day at 8pm...

Attachments

#6 ·
Grew in pretty good, lol.

#7 ·
Ha no doubt! You know I've been here almost 20 years and we have bazilliins of trails here so sometimes u do a trail then come back to it 10-15 years later. Lol

I took a different trail today and climbed way up on a ridge. Followed the old horse trail a little ways then found the other end of this trail.
It's not grown in much on this end but it is rutted out pretty good and only wide enough for a quad. Pretty technical riding.
I cleared a bit of trail and came close to linking up with the serious bush whacking I did the two days before.
Sure feels good to get on the old "Brutalizer" again! ?

#8 ·
I'll come from the other way again next time and I should be able to link up to my trail.

Attachments

#9 ·
On the way in it was like this....

Attachments

#10 ·
And on the way out it cleared up. Nice view from up there.

Attachments

#11 ·
man what an awesome picture must be very nice to ride with scenery like that. take care man

#13 ·
Went to take the dog for a walk then get back to town cause I had lots of stuff to do and then I saw an old trail I built through a cutblock that hadn't been used....
We used to ride throughbthis area then they logged a section of it and screwed up the trail. i called the pulp mill and they said they's sent a dozer in but they never did... So I took some orange painted survey stakes and marked a trail so people could see it then I hiked the trail through the block about 6 or 7 times and threw the logs and stumps off to the side. It's a pretty smooth trail now but the survey stakes fell down and people just don't know where the trail is.
So I since I was there I figured I'd take a stoll to the top of "BBQ POINT"... Lol ( I hauled a BBQ up there year ago so someone coukd have a fire with out burning the forrest down. ( windy at times up there).

Was cool driving ghrough the tall grass. People should see it now and hopefully start riding because further up the trail it's getting pretty grown in.

Attachments

#14 ·
The BBQ

Attachments

#17 ·
looks like a really nice place to have a bbq haha

#15 ·
Hell of a view up here! It's a fairly good climb to the top. 180 degrees from this picture I can see the town which is about 15km's away.

Attachments

#16 ·
I had just fixed a massive hole and then the trail was washed out so had to go up the new by pass... Had to winch up no way I could make it with out rolling...alot steeper than it looks.

Attachments

#19 ·
I we t up another trail I cleared 10 years sgo and was totally surprised how good it was!!! It's one of those epic rides but the trail was getting rutted out and grown in... I filled a bunch of the washouts with logs and now the trail in that spot is like a hwy!!

This was up on the ridge.. U go off this clif and you're a gonner!! Lol

I was planning on going for a 1 hr ride and it ended up into an 8 hr ride... I couldn't tirn back! Lol Fixed alot of trail then made it all the wsy to the ridge.

Attachments

#20 ·
This used to be a big wash out... Filled itbin with pretty huge logs and now it's almost flat.

Attachments

#21 ·
The new cut block didn't screw up that much of the trail so that's nice.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.